Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
odolwa
odolwa began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel 7" Black
Pandigital 7" Black WiFi trouble

Hello i just bought on of these from bestbuy, All works great except the web, My PDN says that its connected to my router, shows the symbol and everything, But when i click web or B&N store nothing happens, The loading bar goes about 10% but stays like that. I'v restarted router, I'v downloaded the only firmware from pandigital website and installed it. I'v tried everything i can think would help, Theres a lot of other wifi things connected to my router, but the PDN wont work, Do i need to send back for another one or is it a easy fix?, please help
odolwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
airbus911
airbus911 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital
Which Router are you using? I have a lynxs system and I had to go to the network setting and select it as my primary with a password.

After that it worked fine and I have had no problems with connecting....
airbus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by odolwa View Post
Hello i just bought on of these from bestbuy, All works great except the web, My PDN says that its connected to my router, shows the symbol and everything, But when i click web or B&N store nothing happens, The loading bar goes about 10% but stays like that. I'v restarted router, I'v downloaded the only firmware from pandigital website and installed it. I'v tried everything i can think would help, Theres a lot of other wifi things connected to my router, but the PDN wont work, Do i need to send back for another one or is it a easy fix?, please help
Don't know what you have tried but a few things you may or may not know.

The pandigital on some if not all of the firmwares will not see your wireless network unless you are transmitting the ssid in the routher settings.

You might delete your connection and set it up again being very careful in your typing, the keyboard at times like to make substitutions for what you type.

Also, some of the firmwares -- allow you to scan (usually after pressing the menu button if you have one.).
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Sorry for the double, the first one did not show up??????
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
aam985
aam985 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Pandigital Novel wifi and new firmware as of 1/30/2011

I purchased a Pandigital Novel for christmas. It connected fine to my Netgear router/modem until (4 weeks later) while i was installing a linksys range expander. The linksys range expander worked fine using my other computers, laptops and PS2 and XBOX game systems. But the Novel would not connect to my secured network anymore. It could connect to any unsecured networks that it would scan. The strange thing was i had no "wifi indicator" or icon to show a connection. Also i had not changed any of the Netgear router/modem configuration when setting up the expander. I even took the range expander out of the loop and i still could not connect to my secure network with the Novel. Now i worked on this all night and found the simple fix, I had to open the Netgear router/modem configuration page and check all the boxes that configured the router/modem even though the boxes were checked already and nothing was changed! I rechecked the boxes and saved it all new and it worked! I can connect perfectly now.

Also i wanted to note that Pandigital has a new firmware (as of 1/30/2011)that really makes the Novel light years better. You can dowload and apply android apps and i found on another site and app to watch streaming YouTube videos! It is called YouTube-V13.apk this app makes the Pandigital novel what i truly expected it to be. Also with the new firmware it has a new look and the touch screen is much better. It has a lot of things in it to explore and comes with "Slideme" which will allow you to download and install more android apps. I think Pandigital has heard all the complants and took action.
aam985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert