Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
shamrick
shamrick began at the beginning.

Device: slick e reader
slick ereader troubles

I have a slick ereader that was bought for me and have had no problems until now i bought some books on border which is who my app is with and they download to my libary and show up on reader but when I go to open on reader it says file not found...when I open in libary it opens?? Please help really need to make it open on reader

Last edited by shamrick; 03-31-2011 at 11:02 AM.
shamrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Don't know much about the reader but I will give a conjecture here. Check the documentation that came with the reader for compatibility, what file formats does the slick support and make sure that the files you downloaded are in a supported format. Also look at encryption, which electronic stores does the slick support the encryption for?I would bet that the answer to your problems are lurking in one of my conjectures.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
RickCain
RickCain began at the beginning.

Device: Slick ER700-2
I have the same problem. It will only sync 2 books even though my library has about 28. The software acts like its syncing but won't sync the other 26 books. It looks like the artwork syncs but not the book itself. I can copy DRM free books just fine manually to it through the USB connection where it shows up as a regular drive on my PC.
RickCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
classicolddie
classicolddie began at the beginning.

Device: slick
Hi guys,

The easiest way to load your Slick Ereader is to use the Calibre.com program.

It will convert almost any format to Epub and with the click of your mouse, you can load an unlimited amount of book directly to your Slick Ereader.

When setting up Calibre, use the generic ereader and it will sync to your Slick effortlessly.

Calibre is an excellent program for organizing your ebooks for any format or ereader. When adding more books, it ill alert you if it finds duplicates.

I have found the Slick to have a few problems with Pdf files so I convert everything to Epub and haven't had any problems.

Have a great day and read!
classicolddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
apollo11220
apollo11220 began at the beginning.

Device: er700
If you're getting that, "Unkown Error" message on your reader... try downloading the firmware update from the company's website.

http://www.southerntelecom.com/slick...t_ereader.html

I was having problems with my e reader. it was crashing halfway through one of my books. another thing, if I have books that I purchased from other websites ( google, CAlibre) and I sync with the kobo app, only the kobo bought books remain and the others disappear.

I have to use adobe dgitial editions to put books on my reader.
apollo11220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
alg2468
alg2468 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Velocity Cruz T301, EZReader, Iview 435TPC, Wikireader
I purchased a Slick e701 this week from sears.com and received it yesterday and observed the following when using the reader.

The reader has many good features, however I am having some major issues with its performance.

The most troublesome issue is that the reader is having problems reading any SD card that is inserted into its SD card slot. To start off, I have another ereader purchased from Borders before it closed called the Aluratek Libre Pro, a 5" LCD reader that like the Slick has its DRM from Borders/Kobo and also reads TXT, RTF, HTML, PDF, and EPUb files, and JPG, GIF files (see the www.aluratek.com website for more details). What I did is copy some of the books on an SD card from the Libre and put the SD card onto the Slick (with the Slick turned off), then turned on the Slick, the reader attempted to load the SD files, and they appeared on the screen. But when trying to ccess the files by using the Slick's menu buttons, the Slick froze for a second, turned off then on, tried to access the books on the SD card, but then again turned on and off, so I cannot change pages when using th SD card. the same thing occurred when I used four other SD cards of 4MB, 8MB, and 16MB from Sandisk and PNY which had books, files, music, and photos, with the Epub, PDF, TXT, RTF, HTML, JPG, GIF file formats. All of these cards work perfectly on the Libre, and when no card is in the Slick's reader the reader is fine with the 5 classic books that were pre installed at the factory. Any solutions?
alg2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
Sassie
Sassie began at the beginning.

Device: Slick er701
I could not find Calibre.com....it brought up wells Fargo?????
Sassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Sassie
Sassie began at the beginning.

Device: Slick er701
I too am having trouble putting kobo books in ereader....I also need to know how to delete the books I have in ereader from ereader...ty
Sassie is offline   Reply With Quote