Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #106
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
The Big Bang or Unibus volumes only have 12 stories each in them. I think the Constellation has 17 stories, so this will incude short stories published since then.

I do rather dislike the requirement to buy all new copies of old stories in order to get the new stories. i'd rather they' published a Unibus vol. 3. That seems fairer somehow.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #107
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
So where are we with the chapbooks? I *think* I've got them all through 19 (Legacy Systems).

Edit: Just took a look at pinbeam books and Legacy Systems is the last. Guess I'm up to date
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #108
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
The Big Bang or Unibus volumes only have 12 stories each in them. I think the Constellation has 17 stories, so this will incude short stories published since then.

I do rather dislike the requirement to buy all new copies of old stories in order to get the new stories. i'd rather they' published a Unibus vol. 3. That seems fairer somehow.
All the ones post Big Bang are available independently. Either from Pinbeam Books, or Amazon. So while it might be nice to just have an additional collection, one can certainly achieve a similar result from what is currently published and available.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #109
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
yes, and I'm pretty sure I have all the short stories in e-format. When the Constellation comes out, I'll get a ToC and check off all the ones I acutally have, just to make sure.

oddly, I'd rather have them as individual files than a bunch in one big file - easier to find them, I suppose.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #110
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I prefer them as individual "books" as well. I've always preferred that. I still buy omnibus editions, because of cost and availability, but what I'd prefer is a bundle instead.
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #111
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
yes, and I'm pretty sure I have all the short stories in e-format. When the Constellation comes out, I'll get a ToC and check off all the ones I acutally have, just to make sure.
Here's a listing of all chapbooks that are currently available. With Unibus 1 and 2 (Chapbooks 1-12) and picking up the remaining from Smashwords, I'm currently up to date.

http://www.pinbeambooks.com/ebooks-y...niverse%C2%AE/
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #112
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Changes are coming at Baen:

Quote:
Toni Weisskopf has posted a series of messages to the Baen Bar indicating major changes in the offing for the Baen Ebooks (nee Webscriptions) store. Baen is finally on the verge of getting its titles placed directly into Amazon (and is negotiating with others such as Barnes & Noble, etc.) The problem is, that comes with pesky contractual obligations.

The changes amount to the following:

“Old” bundles containing books that have already been published will no longer be available for bundle-priced purchase. (Already-purchased ones should still be available for download, though it is possible some books may need to be removed. Some books may need to be removed from the Baen Free Library as well; Toni hopes to get advance notice when such removals are necessary, but recommends backing them up while you can.)
http://www.teleread.com/ebooks/baen-...omment-1222940

--------

I don't know if this change is going to affect the Liaden Universe omnibus e-editions in addition to the monthly book bundles, but since they are currently only $6.00 per omnibus edition, it's worth picking them up and downloading all the various formats now, IMO.

The Dragon Variation (Local Custom, Scout's Progress, Conflict of Honors)
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1188-the...variation.aspx

The Agent Gambit (Agent of Change, Carpe Diem)
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1265-the-agent-gambit.aspx

Korval's Game (Plan B, I Dare)
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1328-korvals-game.aspx

The Crystal Variation
(Crystal Soldier, Crystal Dragon, Balance of Trade)
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1448-the...variation.aspx

------------

This one is currently $10.00:

Liaden Unibus Big Bang (Short Stories: “To Cut An Edge,” “A Day at the Races,” “Where the Goddess Sends,” “A Spell for the Lost,” “Moonphase,” “Pilot of Korval,” “Breath’s Duty,” “The Wine of Memory,” “Certain Symmetry,” “Balance of Trade,” “A Choice of Weapons,” “Changeling”, “A Matter of Dreams,” “Phoenix,” “Naratha’s Shadow,” “Heirloom,” “Veil of the Dancer,” “Quiet Knives,” “This House,” “Lord of the Dance,” “Necessary Evils,” “The Beggar King,” “Fighting Chance,” “Prodigal Son”)
http://www.baenebooks.com/p-698-liad...-big-bang.aspx
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #113
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
The free short story Eleutherios is up at Baen. I can't find anything Liaden in it .
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #114
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Perhaps not, but Necessity's Child is available on Baenebooks.com, and Amazon.

I just started reading Eleutherios, and it is, barely, Liaden, since it concerns Kompani. (This will be clearer if you have read Necessity's Child, which is all about the Kompani on Surebleek.)

Last edited by CRussel; 01-15-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Add Liaden comment
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #115
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
From Sharon Lee:
Quote:
Which is why we’re offering a splinter; the first 12,000-ish words of the Lute and Moonhawk novel we put aside in 1996, meaning to get back to it, someday.
Read it HERE at splinteruniverse.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #116
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
FYI,

For anyone who's an audio book fan Audible has released the audio version of Necessity's Child today.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=mp_ja_5_9?asin=B00BAVT0MW

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #117
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
In case anyone's interested here's the Liaden publishing schedule for 2013...
Quote:
To recap, here’s the 2013/2014 publication schedule as presently known:

January 15: “Eleutherios,” short story, Baen front page
February 5: Necessity’s Child, hardcover, signed hardcover, ebook, audiobook
July 2: Liaden Universe® Constellation, Volume 1, tradepaper, ebook
August: Essay in Dragonwriter: A Tribute to Anne McCaffrey and Pern, Benbella Press
August 27: Dragon Ship, mass market
November 5: Trade Secrets, hardcover, ebook
January 5, 2014: Liaden Universe® Constellation, Volume 2, tradepaper, ebook

Sharon & Steve's delivery schedule...
Quote:
February 14: Carousel Sun (contemporary fantasy by Sharon)
August 15: Carousel Seas (contemporary fantasy by Sharon)
May 15, 2014: First of Five Liaden Universe® novels
February 15, 2015: Second of Five Liaden Universe® novels
November 15, 2015: Third of Five Liaden Universe® novels
August 15, 2016: Fourth of Five Liaden Universe® novels
May 15, 2017: Fifth of Five Liaden Universe® novels

…please be aware that the above are turn-in dates; the publisher sets the publication dates and they are, therefore, A Mystery. One thing that we can say definitively is that the publisher will not publish any of the above novels before they’ve been turned in.
http://korval.com/2013/01/11/excitin...aden-universe/

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #118
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #119
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Trade Secret (A Liaden Universe Novel)

Here is the next Liaden book due in November, which means that a Earc will be available this summer from Baen and the ebook in October.

Quote:

Trade Secret [Hardcover]$25.00
Sharon Lee (Author), Steve Miller (Author)
This title will be released on November 5, 2013.
Pre-order now.
Hardcover: 328 pages
Publisher: Baen (November 5, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1451639295
ISBN-13: 978-1451639292

Star-spanning galactic trader Jethri Gobelyn’s story continues in the seventeenth entry in the Liaden Universe® series by master storytellers Sharon Lee and Steve Miller.

In a universe full of interstellar intrigue and burgeoning commerce novice Terran trader Jethri Gobelyn, adopted by a Liaden clan after an ill-directed bow of honor insulted the scion of a major Liaden house, is alive and whole to tell the tale. Convinced that the adoption has saved his life and made his future he settles into a comfortable and even elite routine, a Trader's Ring his goal.

Even as Jethri's initiation into the mysteries and joys of Liaden Festival bring him to manhood he's forced to face Necessity and the facts of life: his adoption has also invigorated a net of unfinished Balance far more complex and potentially deadly than a simple Terran blood feud. He must embrace his Terran birthright as well as his Liaden connections while leaving behind the safety of the great Liaden trade ship Elthoria to defend his honor and that of shipmates past and present. Forced to sit Second Board as a back-up pilot on a Liaden Scout ship, Jethri's convinced he's already at wit's end—when several familiar faces threaten all that he knows of himself, and all that he wishes to do.
And a signed copy.
Quote:

Trade Secret Limited Signed Edition [Hardcover]$27.00
Sharon Lee (Author), Steve Miller (Author)
Have fun;

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 03-12-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Changed September to October--my mind said October and my fingers got excited and typed September.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #120
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
No Amazon page yet.

Quote:
A Liaden Universe Constellation
Volume Two
By Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

Thirty-three shorter tales of the Liaden Universe® brought together for the first time in two mega-volumes. Fifteen tales complete Volume Two!

The nationally best-selling Liaden Universe® novels are treasured by space opera aficionados for their wit, world-building, strong characterizations, tender romance, and edge-of-the-chair action.

Since 1995, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller also created shorter tales, illuminating additional facets of the Liaden experience. Here is a vast tapestry of tales of the scouts, artists, traders, priestesses, sleight of hand magicians, and pilots who fill the Liaden Universe® with the excitement, action, and romance that readers of the hit series have come to adore.

Celebrating 25 Years of the Liaden Universe®

Baen |
464 pages |
ISBN 9781451639445 |
January 2014
Amazon

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 03-15-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Now has a Amazon pre-order page
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote