Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Library books suddenly not working?

Hey everyone, I have a 505 and I've been using to borrow library books without trouble for some time now.

However, the last two library books I've checked out are not working. They are Adobe ePubs, and they load just fine on my computer in both ADE and the Sony Library, however, after transferring them to the device, when I attempt to open and read them it tells me "Protected Page."

I haven't changed anything with regards to my reader, and other library books were working just fine yesterday, but these aren't.

Something similar happened once before, but it was fixed with a soft reset/reinstalling Sony Library, which hasn't worked this time. To fix it this time, I've tried:

1)A soft reset
2) Uninstalling and reinstalling both Sony ebook library and ADE
3) De-authorizing and re-authorizing my reader from sony library
4) Deleting the library books from the computer and redownloading them
5) Deleting ALL books from the device and then trying to load these. (I did NOT delete the other folders on the device, such as '.tmp' Should I try that?)

I haven't tried a hard reset because then I'll lose the ability to read epubs, and I don't currently have access to a Windows computer to download the firmware update necessary for epub reading. (I would still be unable to read these library books, and I'd lose the ability to read all my others!)

Is there anything else that I've missed/that you might try in my situation? Alternatively, anyone know what could be causing this?
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
I don't know what could be causing your issue, but if you can download but not read, the easiest thing to do is use inept to strip off the DRM and read the unlocked version.

Did you accidentally mix encrypted PDF and ePub? I seem to remember that causing problems on some version of either ADE or Sony's software.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Here is another idea. Did you check your 505's clock to make sure that it is still displaying the current time?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote