Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #121
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
If you're going to discuss the latest in Li development, please do so in a separate thread.
This thread is about the PW's battery, which is more than likely a regular Li-Ion battery; which usually decreases to 80% after the first year (approx), not after 3 years.

Current Li batteries (and thus the PW too) usually have ~60% left after 3 to 4 years.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #122
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
If you're going to discuss the latest in Li development, please do so in a separate thread.
This thread is about the PW's battery, which is more than likely a regular Li-Ion battery
Probably lithium ion polymer, acshully.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #123
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
I just got back from a 7 day cruise. The night before we left I charged up the PPW and turned on Flight Mode.

When I got home on Monday I checked the charge; still about 50%.

I was reading it probably two hours a day which is a lot more than I do at home. On Monday I read it for around 4hrs or so, given that I was stuck in an airport since 9am til our flight left at 2pm. And I continued to read on the flight.

It's now Thursday afternoon here and I've just put it on the charger, after it indicated somewhere below 50% on the battery symbol.

I think that I can live with that...
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #124
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
2 hours of reading for 7 days is 14 hours of reading. That's about half the time Amazon states, and seeing that your battery was at 50%, it seems it's right on the money.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #125
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Well, given that the PPW lasted me a week away without needing to charge it, (which was good as I left the micro USB cable at home), then I'm happy with it.
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #126
Tracy D.
N00b. Dumb but fearless.
Tracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTracy D. juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: K4, Touch, PW
Does anyone know of a battery timer app for the Kindle? (I did a cursory forum search and didn't find anything, but then I may not have been using the best terms.)
Tracy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #127
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
GSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy D. View Post
Does anyone know of a battery timer app for the Kindle? (I did a cursory forum search and didn't find anything, but then I may not have been using the best terms.)
The best IMHO is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Battery-M...attery+monitor
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #128
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy D. View Post
I'm not sure I know what a battery timer app is...

There is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11 which simply spits out a report of the current level and more importantly the Available Capacity, which will diminish over the lifetime of the device....

"Thumb in the air metrics":
K3 Avail Cap should be around 1200 I have one that has dipped to 709
DX about 1300
K4 I have runs at 817 mAh
K5 runs at 956 mAh
Don't have a PW to compare to sorry...
EDIT: ah as shown here Jimmy-Jims PW is 709

Obviously the higher the Available Capacity the less often you will have to charge the device and the longer it will live between charges.

I can kill a device in about 4 hours to dead flat when playing really intensive games (like doom) on it.

Hopefully some reference metrics will help move this discussion forward.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Is that for a tablet or something? Or am I being stupid?

Last edited by twobob; 02-28-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: K5 metrics... whoops forgot that one
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #129
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you could explain what you want a "battery timer app" to do perhaps we can just make you one.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #130
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Don't have a PW to compare to sorry...
EDIT: ah as shown here Jimmy-Jims PW is 709
My PW is currently reporting 74% charge left, 1049mAh available capacity
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #131
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
My PW is currently reporting 74% charge left, 1049mAh available capacity
Nice!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #132
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Fire Battery App.

Quote:
Is that for a tablet or something? Or am I being stupid?

Its for the Kindle Fire HD. I can't run any apps or active content on my PW.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #133
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
If you could explain what you want a "battery timer app" to do perhaps we can just make you one.
I'm just guessing here, but maybe something that can tell you how long the Kindle's been running since the last charge?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #134
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I'm just guessing here, but maybe something that can tell you how long the Kindle's been running since the last charge?
okay that sounds doable..

will think on it
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #135
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Hopefully some reference metrics will help move this discussion forward.
Code:
 50% -  707 mAh
 61% -  861 mAh
 75% - 1061 mAh
 88% - 1245 mAh
100% - 1412 mAh
Pretty consistent- as it should be- if you take rounding errors into account. (mAh/%)
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote