Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Is this normal on the Glo?

Is it normal to have a bit of a shadow along the bottom when the light is turned on, on the Glo?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
From all the reports I've read here, the answer is yes. Apparently one of the benefits of leaving the black bar is that it obscures the shadowing.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
Yes the Paperwhite has the same shadows, after a while you won't notice them anymore.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
AndyBurns
AndyBurns began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
From all the reports I've read here, the answer is yes. Apparently one of the benefits of leaving the black bar is that it obscures the shadowing.
Yes, they're normal, but hiding the shadow under the black bar is like bashing your skull with a brick to disguise a headache
AndyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Marbouk
Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Marbouk solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo glo
Here's mine
Marbouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Thank you! Marbouk that's exactly what mine looks like. Good to know!
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
davidfosterart
davidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with others

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes that is the look Once you start reading you don't notice it.
davidfosterart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Yea, its kinda like the full page refresh, at first it's all you can see, but once you're used to it, you completely forget about it
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Yea, its kinda like the full page refresh, at first it's all you can see, but once you're used to it, you completely forget about it
do you promise?

i'm still wanting to change mine to every 10 or 15 pages as ghosting is non-existant and the flashing bothers my eyes, especially with the light on.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
do you promise?

i'm still wanting to change mine to every 10 or 15 pages as ghosting is non-existant and the flashing bothers my eyes, especially with the light on.
Haha interesting. When I first got my KT, I set it to every 6 because the refresh bothered me, but the ghosting (which I believe is worse on the KT than KG) bothered me even more, so I changed it to every page. Haven't gone back since. I hardly notice the screen flashing anymore, but I really hate the ghosting, even on my Glo where it's not very noticeable.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote