Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
s.g.
s.g. began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360, Kindle 4
Books sorted by Number within Series - is it possible?

I'm trying to find a way to sort books by respective Number within given Series on my Kindle 4. Yet I think this problem is not related to the brand or model of a reader. One can sort books by Title but is there a way to sort books by number?
s.g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.g. View Post
I'm trying to find a way to sort books by respective Number within given Series on my Kindle 4. Yet I think this problem is not related to the brand or model of a reader. One can sort books by Title but is there a way to sort books by number?
I don't have a Kindle, but simple metadata plugboards might help you out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 AM   #3
s.g.
s.g. began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't have a Kindle, but simple metadata plugboards might help you out.
Thanks a lot, it seems to be exactly what I need!
s.g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.g. View Post
Thanks a lot, it seems to be exactly what I need!
You're welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I was wondering if there was a way to have no numbering on a series,
Some books are part of a series, but don't have a read order.
But I always have to have [0] etc after the series name...
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
If it is a (Calibre declared) series, it has to have an Index Number.

It can be 0 or any other floating point number.

I use 0 for Index and readers guides.
I use 0.01-0.99 for stories not in the read order
I use n.nn for (short)stories in between the normal read order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just my OCD kicking in, Really want to Declare it as a series, but it irks me to have to have a number.

Thought I'd ask to be sure
Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
I assume the "have to have" refers to the GUI? It is easy not to have the numbers when using templates (save to disk, send to device, plugboards, etc).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
transmitthis
Addict

Yes, just in the gooey.
No problem, just checking for my own piece of mind, hrm.. sure I lost a piece of that somewhere

Tags
numbered, series, sorting