Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
eReader books on Pocket Pro

I have 135 books from eReader.com. I have been reading them on a Paln Centro and a Windows Mobile phone, but would like an easier reading device. Can I read this format file on a Pocket Pro or can they be converted to be read?
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoorman View Post
I have 135 books from eReader.com. I have been reading them on a Paln Centro and a Windows Mobile phone, but would like an easier reading device. Can I read this format file on a Pocket Pro or can they be converted to be read?
Currently, no eink based reader can handle eReader DRM. You could liberate them if you are willing to find a copy of ereader2hml.py. And then you could convert to ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoorman View Post
I have 135 books from eReader.com....... Can I read this format file on a Pocket Pro or can they be converted to be read?
They can easily be converted, but if they have DRM ( they probably do ) it will have to be removed first to do the conversion. That is something that you will have to learn how to do on your own since it cannot be described here. Google can help with that. Also, eReader support has been *promised* for the PocketPRO, but that support is not currently available.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Astak has said that they intend to add DRMed eReader support to the Pocket Pro, but last I heard the final agreement with B&N had not been signed to allow this.

The new iRex DR800SG, due next month, supports eReader DRM. B&N probably have their own branded EInk device in the wings, see Plastic Logic under the cover of Barnes and Noble? (not Plastic Logic and not the DR800SG). See also: Ectaco jetBook to add DRM format.

Overall, if you like eReader ebooks you may want to wait to see what is available within a month. Or you could gamble on the Pocket Pro. It is a nice, inexpensive, device and worst case (if the eReader deal falls though) you can strip the DRM and then format shift to ePub or FB2 or MOBI using Calibre.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote