Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2023, 05:46 PM   #1
tardman91
tardman91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Moving Apple Books to Calibre to then use on Kindle?

Is there an updated guide to doing this? I'm able to find the .epub files on my Mac, but when I transfer them to Calibre they won't open. I want to take my Apple Books and move them to my wife's new Kindle. I used to be able to do this years ago without issue, but now I can't seem to figure it out, and most of the info I find inline is either not helpful, or outdated. Can I get this done somehow?
tardman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If they were purchased from the Apple iBooks store and have DRM, you are out of luck. Apples DRM was changed so often it became very hard to break and most gave up trying.

If instead these are drm free epubs, then you should be able to convert them to work on Kindle. They may be stored as a special kind of folder in Books.app but there are free tools to zip them up to make proper epubs again.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2023, 07:30 PM   #3
tardman91
tardman91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If they were purchased from the Apple iBooks store and have DRM, you are out of luck. Apples DRM was changed so often it became very hard to break and most gave up trying.

If instead these are drm free epubs, then you should be able to convert them to work on Kindle. They may be stored as a special kind of folder in Books.app but there are free tools to zip them up to make proper epubs again.
I have some of both. Any way to know the difference easily? Or will I figure it out when I try to transfer them? What are the free tools? Is there a guide somewhere? Thank you.
tardman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:37 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
AFAIK, there are hardly any books on Apple not somewhere else with either no DRM or Adobe DRM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote