Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
bittenfig
bittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-booksbittenfig has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Second scrollbar for subsection reading

All right, so in the e-book reader, I understand that you've got "paged" mode in which the text is broken up on your screen and "unpaged" mode in which it looks like an internet browser screen. I've been using more of the latter because I'm trying to mimic the paper book reading experience: I'm aiming for an e-reader that makes the experience more cohesive, more spatial.

That said, if you turn off paged mode and scroll down with the arrow keys, eventually you'll land at the bottom of that chapter and pick up on the new chapter, and this is produced by a separate page in the e-book file, as I understand how this all works.

Now, here is my question. Is it possible to (1) either replace the scrollbar for the entire book with a scrollbar for that section (and rely on the TOC for navigating the book) OR (2) to add a second scrollbar for that section/chapter alongside the book scrollbar.

Thanks for the help.

bittenfig
bittenfig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, html, page, scrolling