Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
AboveBeyond
AboveBeyond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Font Size Not Staying?

I'm currently reading a book and noticed that this book has some weird font size issue. I have it set to the 3rd smallest size but it's actually showing one size larger than it should be. What makes it stranger is that chapter 1, the font size is correct at the 3rd smallest size but when I go to chapter 2, its one size larger.

Set to 3rd smallest font size:

Chapter 1: Aa
Chapter 2: Aa

Anyone have this issue and know of a fix?
AboveBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveBeyond View Post
I'm currently reading a book and noticed that this book has some weird font size issue. I have it set to the 3rd smallest size but it's actually showing one size larger than it should be. What makes it stranger is that chapter 1, the font size is correct at the 3rd smallest size but when I go to chapter 2, its one size larger.

Set to 3rd smallest font size:

Chapter 1: Aa
Chapter 2: Aa

Anyone have this issue and know of a fix?
It's usually due to the publisher using font size tags. If the book is drm free you can use Calibre to fix it or you will need to liberate it then use Calibre.

Import the book into Calibre, then go to convert/then Search and Replace and click the magic wand, this will show you the code. Look for font tags that defines the size of the fonts. If it has them then use this regex
Code:
<font([^>]+)>|</font>
in the search regular expression box and leave the replace box empty.

I've had a few from Sourcebooks with this issue and a few others I've bought or got for free and that is how I fixed them most of the time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert