Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
msietsma
msietsma began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603
Question ADE problems

I'm hoping someone can help. I have ADE installed on both computer and PB 603. I've authorised the pb 603 from the computer. When I buy and download a protected book I can read it on the computer, but when I transfer it to the PB 603 it won't open. The message is that the book is damaged or protected. I've tried deleting authorisation and re-authorising, as well as deleting the book from the pb603 and re-transferring it. I've also tried with several different books. Any ideas?
msietsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
What reader app are you trying to read it with?
AdobeViewer is the only reader app that handles DRM, not FBreader nor Coolreader do.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
msietsma

I am trying to use the Adobe reader. I tried removing authorisation and starting again, but still no joy.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
how are you getting the book from the computer to the 603?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
msietsma

USB cable - drag/drop the book onto the reader in ADE on the computer. ADE on the computer is recognising the pb 603 as authorised.
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
msietsma

I'm transferring the books using ADE on the computer... drag and drop onto the pb603 icon in the library view. ADE on the computer seems to think it's all fine.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
were all the books you tried from the same store? have you tried re-downloading any of those books? are you sure you are attempting to open it with the adobe reader on the 603? got to the book list select the book , press and HOLD the button , choose adobeviewer?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:20 AM   #8
msietsma

books were from two stores and then one of the samples from adobe to make sure... no luck. And yes, did the hold and choose adobe reader thing... no luck. So I have books to read on my computer instead, which wasn't really the idea!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
At this point...
...you haven't exceeded your total authorizations?
Might have to deauthorize the 603 and reauthorize, then redownload.
Very odd.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
msietsma

I've just started with ADE and the pb603, so don't see how I could have exceeded authorisations. I've tried de-authorising and re-authorising twice. I'm at my wit's end!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well, you can spend hours with Adobe (or other company) tech support trying to sort out this authorisation problem, or you can google for Apprentice Alf and just strip the DRM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
msietsma

Success! I deauthorised the pb603, deleted all the ADE books, and upgraded the firmware on the pb603 to version 2.06 (was on 2.05, which is the current version on the website for my region). Reauthorised, redownloaded and can now open them all. Very, very odd.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
msietsma

and now I may go look for apprentice alf... thanks pdurrant.