Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Kindle unlimited 2 month subscription $0.99

I just saw that kindle unlimited has a new promotion for new subscribers, a 2 month subscription for only $0.99, ofer ends 11:59 p.m. (BST), March, 11 2018.

And I think they added some content, I was browsing and saw some new books that where not there at the begining off the year.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Isn't that the same as taking the 30 free trial, then paying for the second month?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Ok, I just got this. Is it not possible to "shop" on the website? When I click the "Read for Free" button, it just takes me to the Kindle Unlimited main page. And nothing is added to my Unlimited books page.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Ok, I just got this. Is it not possible to "shop" on the website? When I click the "Read for Free" button, it just takes me to the Kindle Unlimited main page. And nothing is added to my Unlimited books page.
That doesn't sound right. As a long time subscriber, I click on the KU read for free button, (I think I also have to tell it which Kindle device to send it to in a pop up) and then it sends me to a page what says the book will be auto loaded the next time the kindle device is synced.

I wonder if it takes time for the list of KU subscribers to get updated? I mean a 99 cent offer is likely to generate a LOT of traffic. You might want to try it again in a few hours. If that doesn't work, for sure call customer support.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Isn't that the same as taking the 30 free trial, then paying for the second month?
In my opinion it is not the same, if you take the free trial the second month would be a regular price of $ 9,99 not $0.99.

Also this can be good if you already used the free trial and are not subscribed right now and are thinking about it.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #6
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question

Is there a trick to getting this deal? The Amazon site seems to only be offering me the free 30-day trial. Maybe because I'm a former subscriber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
In my opinion it is not the same, if you take the free trial the second month would be a regular price of $ 9,99 not $0.99.

Also this can be good if you already used the free trial and are not subscribed right now and are thinking about it.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:29 AM   #7
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Is there a trick to getting this deal? The Amazon site seems to only be offering me the free 30-day trial. Maybe because I'm a former subscriber?
It was on a banner at the top of the main kindle page. I had to refresh a couple times before that banner appeared.

@Glen
Working now. It seems that it does take a bit. Even though I had clicked through from the Welcome to Unlimited email, and I tried logging out and back in too.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #8
tempest@de
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I think it is only for new subscribers, even thou it doesn't clearlly say so, I had KU but suspended my subscription and I get this message «You are not eligible for this promotion. For further details, please contact our customer support.».

odd though is that when I click on Terms and Conditions it says the ofer must be redemed until january 31 and it mentiones a 3 month trial not 2

Spoiler:
Terms & Conditions

This is a limited time offer and must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. (BST), January 31, 2018.
Redemption of the promotion requires an Amazon.com account.
All existing Kindle Unlimited subscribers with free trials or paid memberships are not eligible for this promotion.
Offer is only available to customers located in the United States.
Offer is subject to the Amazon.com Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use and Conditions of Use and Sale.
After the 3-month free period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file $9.99/month until you cancel.
You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral and adjusting your settings.
Offer limited to one per customer and Amazon account.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
No gifting is allowed for this promotion.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #9
tempest@de
Fanatic

After my last post I decided to open the promottion page in another browser and the message «You are not eligible for this promotion. For further details, please contact our customer support.» didn't apear, I was able to get the offer.

Hope this helps
Old 03-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Try this link.

I ended a KU trial in January and was able to sign up for this promo.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:25 PM   #11
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen (2015)
I used to have KU and I can get the promo through the link.
newkindlefun is offline   Reply With Quote