Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I also agree that the larger screen on the Oasis 2 makes a big difference to old tired eyes. When I look at my Paperwhite now (which I had been very happy with except for the limited storage), it seems so much smaller! I wouldn’t trade away the Oasis 2 for the world, and I am equally happy with my reasonably priced Fintie cover. No regrets!
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #17
Solo1959
Connoisseur
Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 5th gen, and many in the past
I have 4 Kindles: 5th Gen with 5-way button, Paperwhite, Voyage, and new Oasis.

I don't know .. it's a toss-up between the Voyage and the Oasis. My only problem with the Oasis is that the power key is not recessed. And I keep it on the bottom. So if I am reading and I place the Oasis onto the counter or desk, it powers off.

I like the larger screen and I like the waterproofing on the Oasis, but the Voyage is otherwise perfect. If the Oasis broke, I would not replace it, but if the Voyage broke I'd get a new Voyage.
Solo1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #18
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have the PW2, Voyage, Oasis 1 and Oasis 2. The Oasis 2 is my favorite specifically because of the screen size and frontlight color/uniformity as j.p.s. mentions. I also like the ability to invert black and white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
The Voyage is my preferred device. It is portable, has the best contrast of all the Kindles in my opinion and is easily propped up for hands free reading with the Origami case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1959 View Post
My only problem with the Oasis is that the power key is not recessed. And I keep it on the bottom. So if I am reading and I place the Oasis onto the counter or desk, it powers off.

If the Oasis broke, I would not replace it, but if the Voyage broke I'd get a new Voyage.
I forgot about the case and power button.

I read with the kindle on a table to my left or right while I eat and in either hand when I hold it.

The Voyage cover is easier to open and close and works better as a stand and I press a button on whichever side I feel like at the time. The Oasis is a pain when I have to rotate it and I also have trouble from time to time with the power button getting bumped and turning it off or on when I don't want that to happen.

In fairness, when the Voyage goes to sleep in the cover, it is easier to close it and open it than trying to get to the power button

Last edited by j.p.s; 01-24-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Had omitted a quote
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:05 PM   #19
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
The paperwhite has not changed in years so its not an upgrade. I love the Oasis 2 but the battery life is really bad I charge at least once a week
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #20
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
My partner heard my moaning about my dilemma and told me just to get the one I really want since I spend so much time reading. (We already had bookshelves everywhere and books piled under beds and in our storage locker as well.) so the order for the Oasis 2 is in. I went for free shipping which is cheaper and usually as fast as two day shipping because I live a few miles from a massive Amazon warehouse apparently. Looking forward to it arriving!
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:34 AM   #21
badtux
badtux began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Nova Pro
The Moku case that I'm using for the Oasis 2 protects the power button so it doesn't turn off just setting the Oasis 2 upright on a table.
badtux is offline   Reply With Quote