Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #16
Mitch1138
Mitch1138 began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Sunrise is very nice. Does anyone have an example of a link filter I can get started with? Reading around I am guessing it uses regular expressions. Could someone get me started on how to exclude a reference like the following:
... www.site.com/adclick,php?bannerID=44 ...
using the word "banner".

Many thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #17
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Wait for the next alpha

Thanks everyone for the feedback! It turns out the current alpha is quite buggy. I recommend that people wait for the next alpha (due in the second week of January) to get a better first impression. I've fixed many bugs over the past two weeks and added some key features, most notably RSS conversion and link rewriting.
Advert
Old 12-30-2005, 12:55 PM   #18
zachofalltrades
zachofalltrades began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX80
Do I understand correctly that at one time Sunrise XP running on a PC was going to produce it's own (new) file format for it's own new document reader Palm App. Basically, that the Plucker format was going to be abandoned in favor of a new propietary format.

But now Sunrise XP is going to continue to use the Plucker format for the Plucker reader on the Palm -- and there will not be any new reader on the Palm? Sounds good to me (I love the Plucker on the Palm), but I just want to know if I understand your roadmap correctly.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #19
Mitch1138
Mitch1138 began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Has anyone figured our the command line syntax for Sunrise XP. I would like to update all the feeds in an xpl file from the command line (so I can run the XP scheduler). Thanks
Old 12-31-2005, 12:29 PM   #20
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch1138
Has anyone figured our the command line syntax for Sunrise XP. I would like to update all the feeds in an xpl file from the command line (so I can run the XP scheduler). Thanks
A command-line option for automatically updating SXLs will be available in the next alpha. Task Scheduler integration is also on my to-do list, but I might have to push that back to the third alpha.
Advert
Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #21
carlwang
carlwang began at the beginning.

I tested non-Western language encodings(Chinese simplified).

I have already selected "Chinese(Simplified)" option.
It is all of bad encoding,I can't read it.
There are many encodings of Chinese (Simplified), such as gb2312、gb18032、hz.

Does the program support all encodings of Chinese?

Last edited by carlwang; 01-03-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #22
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwang
Does the program support all encodings of Chinese?
No, non-Western language encodings are not really supported. There's a configuration file in the installation directory that determines which encoding is used for the document output, you might want to try tweaking that. The default setting for Simplified Chinese is gb2312. I have absolutely no idea if it actually works, since I can't read the language.

At present, support for non-Western languages is not really a goal.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Support for most non-Western language encodings does not work at all. I just checked with Cyrillic encodings (using Piloc) and they don't work either. Traditional Chinese (Big5) might work, however.

There's most likely a good solution for this, but I won't get round to implementing it for the next alpha. I'm pushing this back until the third alpha in February, so be patient. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:46 AM   #24
alasiri
alasiri began at the beginning.

i've just tested the simplified chinese support of beta 4 edtion using the website www.163.com,it works very well,no bad encoding.
another question:i can't find the encoding option in sunrisexp.only a language option?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:56 AM   #25
Laurens
Jah Blessed

No encoding support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasiri
i've just tested the simplified chinese support of beta 4 edtion using the website www.163.com,it works very well,no bad encoding.
another question:i can't find the encoding option in sunrisexp.only a language option?
There is no real encoding support. This page happens to work because it is already encoded in GB2312. If a page is encoded in, say, UTF-8 or you want to convert from Big5 to GB2312 then you're out of luck.