Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #106
Mims
Zealot
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Like the idea of a list. Long press on title or book cover does bring up choices for me (air drop, Marvin, kindle, books, etc) on my iPad and iPhone and a quick tap takes me to metadata. Might have to try more than once on my phone because it seems that it wants me to be more precise in the pressure I use for long and short ��

I like to go to home page and use AZ up/down to sort by date added to Calibre. That is not working for me. In this app every book shows it was added to Calibre the day you add it to CC. However, the info in meta data shows correctly. Date added to CC is working correctly.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #107
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro 2018, Lg 8.3, Ipad Mini 5, Nexus7.2, Note 8, Kobo Aura 1
You're right, long press works. I guess I wasn't pressing hard enough or long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Like the idea of a list. Long press on title or book cover does bring up choices for me (air drop, Marvin, kindle, books, etc) on my iPad and iPhone and a quick tap takes me to metadata. Might have to try more than once on my phone because it seems that it wants me to be more precise in the pressure I use for long and short ��

I like to go to home page and use AZ up/down to sort by date added to Calibre. That is not working for me. In this app every book shows it was added to Calibre the day you add it to CC. However, the info in meta data shows correctly. Date added to CC is working correctly.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #108
ratinox
Addict
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread just for the errors we find?
Given that the devs area already "encouraging" us to go over to Trello for posting bugs I don't see that adding yet another place for it is a good idea.

I for one am not signing up over there. mobileread is where Calibre discussions, bug reports, etc. are. The only reason I see to have anything on Atlassian's proprietary servers is information (read: spin) control.

So, I have three buggy behaviors to report and I think this will be my last on this whole thing because I'll be unwatching the thread after I hit the button.

1. CC crashes when transferring files larger than about 500MB like some of the recent Bloom County Humble Bundle volumes.

2. CC gets consistently crash-prone once it starts crashing on large books. Open a book, switch back to CC, crash. Open a book, switch back to CC, crash. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling provides a temporary fix but it starts crashing again after the next failed transfer.

3. CC is presented as an option in the file picker (browse -> locations) but throws errors when selected.
ratinox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #109
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
We're just doing our best here. Development is expensive. We have plans for many new features.
Lets just wait and see what improvements get made by Sam and his team. I can't complain about paying some kind of subscription; I've used Calibre and CC for years at no cost and I think it's unreasonable to expect a high level of service, which we have had, to continue for free.

If CC on Apple turns out crap then fair enough but if the problems get fixed and improvements continue to get made then $.99 a month is well worth it.

Give Sam and his team a chance to get CC sorted then decide if the subscription model is worth it to you or not.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #110
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KVoyage, KOasis 2, KPW4, FHD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
This mistake was my fault. I knew that it wiped my own library on a test flight and after mentioning it to the team we simply could never get it fixed. I didnít choose to release this update yet but my development team decided to push it without asking me if I thought it was ready. Overall still my fault because I should have made it clear that we were not ready even though they seemed to think so.

My heart sank reading how upset people are about losing their books. I should have realized how important this was. I keep such a small library it didnít matter to me when I lost the books I simply redownloaded them.

The subscription model is sort of a negligible price and is only going to be $.99 a month which is less than a can of soda from a vending machine. I think this is very reasonable and most will end up joining us.

We are doing our best to right our wrongs. We cannot currently roll back to the old version because the old version is from Xcode 9 so apple has rejected it.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to make things right.
Iíve not been around lately and iíve Just updated and lost all my books, over 5500 records. I use (or should I say used) to use CC as a reference tool as I have a very big Calibre library. I only sent txt files, metadata, not actual books. Iím sorry but $12 a year isnít worth it for a reference ability. I wish you luck in your endeavours but I wonít be paying.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-07-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #111
Insalata
Connoisseur
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
I just hit this problem! And CC won’t sign into Dropbox, so unless I’m next to my computer, I can’t see any of my books! Are there plans to make the Dropbox sign in work again? Without that, the app really doesn’t do anything.

Last edited by Insalata; 10-13-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:01 PM   #112
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
I just hit this problem! And CC won’t sign into Dropbox, so unless I’m next to my computer, I can’t see any of my books! Are there plans to make the Dropbox sign in work again? Without that, the app really doesn’t do anything.
Since this thread is talking about the new version of CC for Apple devices, what problem are you talking about?
Moderator Notice
You posted this in an Apple Device thread, was this your intention? If not let me know and I can move it to the thread you intended or to its own thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #113
Insalata
Connoisseur
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Since this thread is talking about the new version of CC for Apple devices, what problem are you talking about?

You posted this in an Apple Device thread, was this your intention? If not let me know and I can move it to the thread you intended or to its own thread.
Sorry, I should have given more information.

Iím running CC v2.0.0 on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPad. When I try to connect to Dropbox, I get a web login page rather than the connection via the app which seems more common now, but because the login requires a reCAPTCHA, which isnít actually displayed, the login never completes.

I did also try connecting as a wireless device, but it only picked up two of my 800+ books.

I generally prefer the Dropbox connection because for me, the point of having CC on an iOS device is to be able to connect when Iím not near my computer.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote