Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #16
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Just uploaded the file to SourceForge.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:01 AM   #17
rsloan
rsloan began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Works; problems with NY Times

I've just installed this on my Mac where it will now compete with the last OS X packaging of JPluck.

Right now, however, JPluck is doing better with the RSS feed of the New York Times home page. My problem with Sunrise is that with link depth set to 1 I get only the first page of multi-page stories. JPluck, with the same setting is giving me the whole story. When I tried applying the xsl style sheet for the NY Times that came with Sunrise it gave me the home page but all the links led to blank pages.

(Indeed, JPluck is also nicer right now because it is giving a much less cluttered version of the stories.)

Help?

And can anybody tell me if this is a specific NY Times problem, or will I be having special difficulties with Sunrise with lots of sites?

I hope Sunrise works, though, because I sure like it's pretty handling of pictures, etc., on my hi-res color screen.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:03 AM   #18
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
You must configure your feeds to use the NYT link rewriting script.

Open the document properties, select the Advanced tab and fill in "nytimes-feeds.js" in the Script section.