Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-01-2019, 03:01 AM   #3106
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Great, thanks!
Alternatively, I changed the list of font-size presets in defaults.lua (adding 25), then I can set it as default font size in GUI.
Will this changes in defaults.lua and/or settings.reader.lua keep after updating koreader?
Thanks
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:25 AM   #3107
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
defaults.lua? Well no, you'd have to use persistent.defaults.lua as it says on the first two lines here.

Settings will of course persist.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 AM   #3108
pblasi
Enthusiast

Thanks Frenzie.
Now I'd like to modify the contrast preset defaults, but I can not find the list of values in "defaults.lua". Where can I find it?
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #3109
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Most values seem to be hardcoded, e.g., here. But if might be better to provide some information about what you're trying to accomplish? Just because the program is a certain way doesn't mean it's set in stone.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:37 AM   #3110
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Most values seem to be hardcoded, e.g., here. But if might be better to provide some information about what you're trying to accomplish? Just because the program is a certain way doesn't mean it's set in stone.
Well I'd just like to set a more useful range of contrast values for the font I'm using in my epubs and according to my taste. For example, a range of 0.9 to 2.0 with 0.1 step would be better to me. So, if it's hardcoded, it means I cannot change this preset values?

In general for the entire UI, and in addition to to existing graphical preset-based GUI, having option to enter an exact value with a numerical pop-up keyboard would be great (as long-pressing is for info, let's say double-tap to enter exact value, as an example). That would open the doors of fine tuning control for those who want it but keeping the GUI clean and simple. With all the customization power and features koreader has, I think this little feature would be a very well integrated and nice addition. I don't know where's the place to make this kind of suggestion...

Thank you!
Pau
Advert
Old 09-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #3111
Frenzie
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblasi View Post
Well I'd just like to set a more useful range of contrast values for the font I'm using in my epubs and according to my taste. For example, a range of 0.9 to 2.0 with 0.1 step would be better to me. So, if it's hardcoded, it means I cannot change this preset values?
You can set anything you want in defaults.persistent.lua or settings.reader.lua. It just means you can't (persistently) adjust what you can set through the GUI.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #3112
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can set anything you want in defaults.persistent.lua or settings.reader.lua. It just means you can't (persistently) adjust what you can set through the GUI.
Sorry I'm missing something... How can I set a contrast of 1.3?
Old 09-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #3113
Frenzie
Guru

There's https://github.com/koreader/koreader...aults.lua#L101 and kopt_contrast for settings.reader.lua.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:58 AM   #3114
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
There's https://github.com/koreader/koreader...aults.lua#L101 and kopt_contrast for settings.reader.lua.
Well, for epubs at least, modifying https://github.com/koreader/koreader...aults.lua#L101 does not change contrast default.

Then, I guess you mean "copt_gamma" for "kopt_contrast" (in settings.reader.lua), but here the value is 15 when in GUI corresponds to a contrast of 1.0. Then setting a gamma of 18 results in a good contrast level (unknown 1.?) to me.

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:06 AM   #3115
Frenzie
Guru

Yes, copt_ is for crengine and kopt_ is for paged media.