Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
cindycb
cindycb began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Rocket eBooks, Kindle 2
Newbie here - need help with REB

Hello,

Just recently ran across my Rocket eBook, but no charger. Found another REB with charger on eBay. Everything is charged and appears in perfect working condition on both. My question is where do I find content for them, and since I am going to hand them over to my sons (13 & 11) to use can I find books that they want? Can new releases somehow be loaded onto the eBook? I have not used this since probably 2001. I use a Kindle 2 now.

Thank you for your time and patience.
cindycb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't own a Rocketbook eBook reader but MobileRead has a wiki page for the RB format. There are several programs for creating/converting content.

Quote:
Programs that can generate RB content include:

Book Designer - windows
GEB Librarian - windows - Can also view RB files
RocketLibrarian by NuvoMedia (supplied with Rocket eBook) - check the direct link to RocketLibrarian (v.1.3.222).
eBook Librarian by Gemstar (supplied with REB 1100) - check the 'REB1100 Install CD' link which contains eBook Librarian (v.2.0.241).
rbmake - windows/Unix - hosted on SourceForge (also rbinfo, rbdump)

Programs exist on Windows platforms that can read and convert unencrypted RB books, like:

rbburst - windows/Unix - (from rbmake hosted on SourceForge)
unrb.exe - windows (from RB2Project)
RbDisintegrator.exe - windows (from Book Designer
Hopefully someone with Rocket eBook experience will pop in soon. Good luck and welcome to MobileRead.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert