Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Smile Best chair, light for reading

This goes for regular booand ebooks. Has anyone found a chair or something that is the Most suitable for an extended period of reading?
What about a light

I’ve considered a comfy armchair with an ottoman or a recliner. Now I normally read with my legs extended on a sofa and a light behind me with a coffee table beside me for the mandatory coffee.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I like the "zero gravity recliners" for comfort and adjustability, but these outside chairs might not fit too well in your living room decor.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CARA....uts?slotId=12

I have a couple similar to the above, but with nicer wooden armrests and a removable drink holder. These chairs - the quality versions of them - are quite comfortable.

For lighting, I prefer sunshine outside in the shade. Inside, I have a basic LED warm-color-temperature bulb in a table lamp. I also use the built-in light in the PaperWhite sometimes in the evening, turned up about mid way, even under the table lamp. During the daytime, there is enough outside light from our ceiling skylights that I don't need additional illumination. When inside, I don't drag in my outdoor chair, rather I just sit on our normal couch - a leather Lazy Boy with recliner features. I raise the leg rest, but don't recline. It's very comfy. We searched far and long for a good couch. Many of them now-a-days have cushions that are too long front-to-back and sit up too high. But good 'ol basic Lazy Boy did it right - a great couch that you can settle in to, and get out of!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't really have a favorite place to read. Sometimes I lie on my bed, sometimes I sit in my recliner sometimes I'm sitting up in a chair somewhere.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
velomane
velomane began at the beginning.

Device: none
I really love my Hancock and Moore recliner. Comfortable enough for hours of reading or music listening and it looks great too.
velomane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Overstuffed chair with ottoman and Dazor floor light. Alas, I'm stuck with a recliner. I used to find those comfy in the past, but they don't make them like they used to or I got older and more achy.

Edited to add: I use a Dazor circline magnified floor lamp because I use it for needlework. Very expensive. However, Stitcher's Paradise carries a version that does not include the magnifier at much less cost. The Dazor circle light bulb itself lasted over 10 years with frequent, daily use. However, local big box hardware store carries bulbs that will fit (but only last a couple of years).

Last edited by Tarana; 11-15-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2018, 02:21 AM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
My patio furniture is my favorite. The love seat glides, and the chairs swivel and glide.

My current favorite reading light, is the Mighty Bright NuFlex. It has a nice warm tone. I like it so much, I ordered the WonderFlex and Recharge, to see if they have the same warm light, but are smaller.

Last edited by SolRaven; 11-11-2018 at 02:24 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
For some reason the "chair" in the bathroom allows for some deep reading/thinking.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #8
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
for me, it's not about the chair itself. i find that a "reclining" table/stand is the key. something like a music stand that you can place your ereader on, with adjustable angles and mobile so that you can move it to wherever you are sitting. one of those breakfast in bed stands would also work, providing the table angles and has a lip at the bottom to stop the reader from sliding off when set at an angle. i don't worry about the lighting because of the reader's built-in light.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile tilting desk.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	167696  

Last edited by rem736; 11-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
There hasn't been a light made that makes my reading experience as good as a front lit e-ink device. If I had a light that was bright enough, it would creat a bright spot on the page of the book. On the wrong side caused shadows. It had been a life-long challenge.

After I got my first Kindle in 2009, I tried a bunch of clip on lights with varying success. The M-Edge Illuminator with 2 brightnesses and touch control was the best, but the experience was still not great. The Amazon cover with the light for the little Basic Kindle was horrible, and returned.

I was over the moon with the purchase of the first gen Paperwhite. It solved all of my reading vision issues, even with the uneven somewhat blotchy screen. The tech has only gotten better with time. If Amazon would add the same light control Kobo offers, that would be great. I loved that function of sliding a finger up/down to control the screen light that my Glo has.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My recliner couch is a great place to read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #11
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Morris chair (back set at a slight angle) with ottoman next to a bright floor lamp. (I LOVE brightly lit rooms for reading).
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
An old overstuffed armchair with a hassock in the basement. No reading light though people have been known to complain that my love for bright lighting hurts their eyes and the basement is lit up like a grow-op. I have replaced the original 48 inch dual lamp flourescent fixtures with T8 daylight bulbs with the LED equivalent -- given 10 years or so, I may actually save money after paying for the new bulbs and having the old ballasts removed for safe disposal.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:53 PM   #13
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
i sit on the edge of my bed if i get too comfy ill fall asleep
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote