Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Adding custom column on Calibre, CC "auto updates"?

If I add a custom column on Calibre, will CC update on connect?

I'm thinking of using the Calibre genre hierarchy for 2 levels as a "collection designation"; haven't decided if useful for me yet. I've already changed the tags to resemble a "collection" as the book tags seem to have everything under the sun & mostly not useful for me like SF&F is fiction & doesn't need the fiction tag, etc.

As the columns appear to reflect the meta-data, wouldn't it be an auto-update when connected?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
If I add a custom column on Calibre, will CC update on connect?

I'm thinking of using the Calibre genre hierarchy for 2 levels as a "collection designation"; haven't decided if useful for me yet. I've already changed the tags to resemble a "collection" as the book tags seem to have everything under the sun & mostly not useful for me like SF&F is fiction & doesn't need the fiction tag, etc.

As the columns appear to reflect the meta-data, wouldn't it be an auto-update when connected?
Assuming you are talking about the wireless device connection, the answer is yes. Calibre metadata is automatically updated for books on the device. You can also optionally update the book files themselves, something that is useful of you are using calibre's editor to modify the files.

There can be some issues if you use multiple libraries and the same book is in more than one of them. The metadata will reflect what is in the last library you connected to.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert