Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Suggestions for better metadata editing

These days I have been working on fixing metadata in my library and I have found two little annoyances that if fixed would enhance the metadata edit experience.

First when you select a bunch of books and edit separately a "Prev" button (ala Itunes )will be quite helpful. I've lost count of how many times after clicking accept and move to the next book I find some info relevant to the previous book but now either I interrupt the flow and go find the previous book in the list or I must jot down the issue and wait for later.

Second, sometimes the cover image is not that good and you find better images on the net (or images that matches your copy of physical book - I love that). In some occasions it is difficult to know if it is really better so a small tooltip or similar that shows the cover size in pixels would be of great help to ascertain wheter you just found a higher resolution cover or not.

Of course my apologies if any of what I said it's already possible (running 0.7.29)

Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I like both those ideas

Much of my library is mimicking my old , "dead tree" Library, so I like to use the older (OK, Antique) covers in Calibre so I recognize the book, but leaving the modern cover in the EPUB as an Alternate-cover for reference.
For this, I have been using Sigil
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should open tickets for them, the tooltip at least is easy to do.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Ok, so I registered to the calibre bugtracker and opened 2 tickets for enhancements.
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7711
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/7712

They should be pretty self-explanatory but I'd be happy to explain the use case if needed.
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote