Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #91
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How about a classic? Have Sapce Suit — Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #92
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
How about a classic? Have Sapce Suit — Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein?
Thanks pdurrant ! I'll give this one a try
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #93
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
March was actually a bit better than February - nine books finished. I should have even more reading time in April, I hope.
Thirteen books finished in April, and only 7 bought (+1 freebie).

Much better! Now I'm only 17 books up on the start of the year.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #94
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
A poor month for me. Only 4 purchases, all from my wishlists, but lots of freebies and loans so I lost ground overall. And I think my acquisitions are going to make it difficult to achieve my other targets. I have a target of 60% women, and another target of starting 33% of my new acquisitions, but my acquisitions are disproportionately by men.

On the other hand, the books I read were good to great, which is ultimately the point.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #95
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
April was a good reading month. Mostly because I didn't look carefully on my list and thought my average for April since 2011 was over 4000 pages. But that's May, my April average is just over 3400 pages. I almost read a 1000 pages more, which means so far this year I'm almost 2000 pages ahead of average. It's nice to have that buffer.

May is normally my best month of the year. I have no idea why. Since 2011 there was only once I want on vacation in May. But I'm not too worried, since I'm so far ahead.

I've planned another Reading Retreat week for September. My sister tried to get me to invite her, too. But I want to go alone. I'm already looking forward to it!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #96
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I've read 62 of my 100 books goal. Only goal going well so far. I killed the budget last month. I've added 21 books, but 17 are books in series I'm currently reading and happened to be on special this month. Still, the TBR is going up rather than down.

My other goal has been 3,000 pages per month and I've easily surpassed that every month so far, but now we have May with allergies and cloggy head. So, I do expect a slowdown.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:42 AM   #97
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Thirteen books finished in April, and only 7 bought (+1 freebie).

Much better! Now I'm only 17 books up on the start of the year.
And with the 1st of May, come the new subscriptions and the new Amazon offers.

I'm now only 23 books up on the start of the year
Old 05-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #98
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quit reading a book so I might get behind in my challenge but it’s better to read books you actually enjoy, I think.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #99
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Quit reading a book so I might get behind in my challenge but it’s better to read books you actually enjoy, I think.
Oh gosh yes. I have an omnibus that I bought some years back and despite paying $10+ for it, I read half of the first novel and then ditched it. It was not what I thought it was. I rarely ditch books that I bought before reading them in their entirety, but like you say, it's better to read books you actually enjoy.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #100
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Oh gosh yes. I have an omnibus that I bought some years back and despite paying $10+ for it, I read half of the first novel and then ditched it. It was not what I thought it was. I rarely ditch books that I bought before reading them in their entirety, but like you say, it's better to read books you actually enjoy.
Yeah and I was about 70% through it but just didn't care about what was happening at all so I said screw it and moved on.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #101
Tarana
Wizard

I'm doing well on a couple of my goals. I've reached 75 of 100 books and it's not even June! I'm pretty slow on progress on magazines. My budget of course was wrecked a couple of months ago and my TBR is certainly going in the wrong way. Still over 3,000 pages this month, so satisfied with how much I'm reading. So much to read, but realistically, I think I have 3-4 years of reading materials without rereading anything!
Old 05-31-2019, 11:14 PM   #102
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I'm behind.

Not really worried, though
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #103
PurpleStar
Wizard

Goodreads says I'm on track! 16/40 books. Gotta do better with the not buying books though. I'll just restrict it to new Star Trek books since I got almost 400 books now. Which is quite ridiculous.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #104
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I read 11 books previously purchased reducing my unread to 16 titles.

Now, I want to read a few library books before I lose access to them.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:06 AM   #105
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
And with the 1st of May, come the new subscriptions and the new Amazon offers.

I'm now only 23 books up on the start of the year

Here we are at the start of June, and I'm now only 18 books up on the start of the year.

I might get my TBR down by the end of the year after all!