Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
NebuK
NebuK began at the beginning.

Device: Acer LumiRead
Another bricket T1, sd-recovery won’t boot

Hi,

i’ve had a PRS-T1 that was rooted, on ~some~ old firmeware, i don’t remember. After years i had problems with freezes and wanted to update/reflash, so i took the original sony 1.0.07.05070 windows updater, charged the reader, grabbed a high quality USB cable and off we went.

However, the device got stuck in a bootloop when flashing … for some reason unknown to me. Simply rebooting it, booting it with home+menu pressed, etc didn’t work.

So i’ve found the rupor and porkupan sd recovery images. I grabbed a new micro sd card, and tried to format it on both windows and linux, fat32 and exfat, filesystem on a partition and filesystem directly on sd-card. Tried to boot all possible combinations with HOME+MENU+POWER, or HOME+MENU+INSERT-USB-CABLE … never once i saw the progressbar moving.

What happens regardless of how i boot it (button vs. cable, sd in vs. no sd, buttons pressed vs. not pressed), it always gives one red blink, then continuous orange blinking. Then it refreshes screen, shows the „opening book” thingy — no progressbar moving. After about 20sec, the screen flashes again, and i get the „opening book” screen again (… bootloop?). That’s it, from there on it’s stuck and freezes.

Does anyone know what else i could try? Please help me … i really really need my reader .

Thank!
Best Regards,
NebuK
NebuK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
tobi_king
tobi_king began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi,

I know it has been a long time since you opened the thread, but I have the same problem too.
Have you found a solution for the problem?
Thank you very much.
tobi_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert