Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #346
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraner View Post
I am trying to root a Sony PRS-T1. It has the latest firmware (1.0.05.11130). Downloaded the relevant Rupor AMR package. When I try and run it, every time the script invokes the reader_msc.exe tool it fails to run.
You can root the PRS-T1 by copying certain files onto the reader and resetting the device. The details are here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ks#Linux.2FMac
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #347
mbraner
mbraner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The method with "resetting the device" is what I meant by "booting the e-reader with the Home and Menu buttons pressed". That would probably work, but I'd like to get the reader_msc tool to work for this and other purposes too.

I've managed to make it work now, had to do two things:

(1) Installed the "Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable MFC Security Update" from Microsoft. This is a 5-megabyte file from their web site, dating from 2012. I ONLY installed that, not the older version, since it seems that this version replaces the older ones, but with some security holes plugged.

(2) While reader_msc.exe itself then runs, the other component it uses, DeviceAccessor.dll, requires msvcr100.dll which belongs to a version of MS C++ later than 2008! Putting a copy of this dll (which I got off of a newer PC) in the same folder as the rooting tool finally got it to work.

I've now run the actual rooting and it seems to have worked!
mbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 AM   #348
Alan Slade
Alan Slade began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Good morning.
Is there anybody that still uses this reader?
After more than two years I would like to root my T1. Is there a way to do a backup of my settings\bookmarks\notes\? Because I think that rooting will delete everything, right?
Thanks in advance.
Alan Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #349
Alan Slade
Alan Slade began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Slade View Post
Good morning.
Is there anybody that still uses this reader?
After more than two years I would like to root my T1. Is there a way to do a backup of my settings\bookmarks\notes\? Because I think that rooting will delete everything, right?
Thanks in advance.
Up
Alan Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #350
ebookread
Enthusiast
ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ebookread could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-T2, PRS-T3
not sure if it works with this tip, be sure to ask someone experienced.
http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D23354

and this wiki page

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST..._of_the_device

Last edited by ebookread; 02-12-2014 at 10:16 AM.
ebookread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 AM   #351
smoker
smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Dear All,

I understand that this thread is quite old but I am trying to root my wife's prs-t1 version 1.0.05.11130 in order to run moon reader and be able to sync locations between the reader and android phone. I got a bit lost with all the available tools (?) , if version 1.0.05.11130 is actually supported, as well as wether the "russification" will turn the reader to Russian language?

Any suggestions would be very welcomed!
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #352
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker View Post
... as well as wether the "russification" will turn the reader to Russian language?
It will install fonts that enable you to display books in Russian and other languages.

Disclaimer:
If I remember correctly. I was installing "russification package" on older model PRS-500.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 04:51 PM   #353
lotuxete
lotuxete began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-T1
Hello,

I have an old Sony PSR-T1 at home that I wish to root. However, no matter from where I download the files it always has password security to unzip. Do anyone knows the password?

THanks.
lotuxete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:44 PM   #354
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuxete View Post
Hello,

I have an old Sony PSR-T1 at home that I wish to root. However, no matter from where I download the files it always has password security to unzip. Do anyone knows the password?

THanks.
Probably not as a lot of the people in this thread are no longer active.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 04:47 AM   #355
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuxete View Post
Hello,

THanks.
Someone asked the same question here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=234199

The password is:

mrdev
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony