Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #4186
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
I've finished my "font size normalization" tool and it works perfectly. Not specifically PRS+ so I'll start another thread about it somewher more general.
Can you make your font size normalization tool a Calibre Editor plugin?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #4187
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you make your font size normalization tool a Calibre Editor plugin?
Right now it is written in PHP and relies on a command line tool called font-line to access the font dimensions data. I should be able to convert into python and make a calibre plugin.

here's the code
https://gist.github.com/gingerbeardm...afee9829828ed1

i get the Ascender+Descender sum from the font metrics, and divide 1 by that number. This normalises the values to make the larger fonts smaller and vice versa. Then I just write that data into the CSS.

I'd have to look into how calibre handles ebook CSS to make sure my approach is general enough.

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 12-06-2017 at 08:01 PM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #4188
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
sorry to bring this thread back to life after 9 months of hibernation. recently, there is a project for the kindle that turns the reader into a "literary clock".
https://www.instructables.com/id/Lit...From-E-reader/
i was wondering if this can be done for the older sonys as well. i have a PRS-500 and 350 in the closet but would like to put it to use and this looks perfect.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #4189
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Very cool!

Yes, it's possible. I'll have a go at it and will start a new thread when I have something to show @rem736
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #4190
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
Very cool!

Yes, it's possible. I'll have a go at it and will start a new thread when I have something to show @rem736
looking forward to testing it out. thank you.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #4191
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Thread Resuscitation.

I have PRS+ on my Sony 650. And use Calibre.

I forget how to load and remove books.

Can anyone remind me?

Thanks.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:39 AM   #4192
gatosardina
gatosardina began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
With calibre open and the reader connected to the computer, select the books you want to transfer in calibre's library and on the top of the window there is an opion to "send to device" (this copies the books to the internal memory of the reader)
You can also click on an arrow next to the transfer to device and select an option to transfer to storage card A or B (this transfers to the sd or memory stick)
To remove books just select any book that is in the reader, right click and on the bottom go to remove books and remove matching books from device
gatosardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #4193
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
THANK YOU.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote