Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Internals of DPT-S1

Has anyone had the chance to open up the DPT-S1 to see what's inside? Any memory which can be written to and be modified?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
If someone will post the FCC numbers from the back, I'll go look it up on the FCC website.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
guangyushanren
guangyushanren began at the beginning.

Device: SONY DPT-S1
FCC ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If someone will post the FCC numbers from the back, I'll go look it up on the FCC website.
FCC ID:VPYLBWN572
guangyushanren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #4
etn40ff
etn40ff began at the beginning.

There you go

http://imgur.com/a/lilxB

Inside the setup is quite like the one of the PRS-T2 so, in theory, one should be able to solder something like this http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...177731#1177731 and get full access. I will not have time for this project in the foreseeable future... any volunteer?
etn40ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #5
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Urgh, I was hoping for something a bit simpler :-/ Had in mind buying the Japanese version and patch it to the english one. But under these circumstances... We can't even tell whether perhaps the memory is encrypted. No, I'm afraid such a project is beyond my experience and spare time :-(

Thanks though
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Is there an uart/serial connection pinout for this? Thx
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #7
etn40ff
etn40ff began at the beginning.

Not that I am aware of. I did not search for it though because I currently do not have access to a scope.
etn40ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:52 PM   #8
CagatayAksu
CagatayAksu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Urgh, I was hoping for something a bit simpler :-/ Had in mind buying the Japanese version and patch it to the english one. But under these circumstances... We can't even tell whether perhaps the memory is encrypted. No, I'm afraid such a project is beyond my experience and spare time :-(

Thanks though
Is changing the firmware language impossible without hardware modding? WOW, that's next level! I wonder what they are so hard on this region-locking?
CagatayAksu is offline   Reply With Quote