Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
[ipad] custom columns + dropbox

I use calibre for both my books and my fan fiction collections and I’m trying to find a good way to support both of these on CC. If I put all the files on natively. the program becomes very laggy and prone to crashes. I want to try using a cloud provider, specifically dropbox, but the only options it gives me to sort are the default columns that come with Calibre.

is there a way to get it to sort via my custom columns, specifically “type” but also others for more easy browsing?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Have you looked at CC's Settings / Sorting / Group/sort on custom columns? (This is the setting on Android, but I think there is something similar on iOS.)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
I have, because I figured that was it, but I can’t get it to show custom on the dropbox sort page.
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apologies, I misunderstood what you are asking for. CC's cloud connection sort supports only the basic columns and there isn't any way to change that. The intent is that you copy the books onto the device then use CC's main screen to manipulate them, which apparently doesn't work for you because of the size of your library and the way you want to use it.

You can use CC's Cloud Connection grouping (selecting columns on the first page) to get part way there. If you select a custom column CC shows you the values in that column sorted alphabetically ascending. You can then choose a value and see the books with that value.

However, if what you want to do is use the cloud interactively without offline access (copying books and metadata to the device) then one of CC's cloud-access competitors might work better for you. I know of several on Android. The only one I know of for iOS is this one, which seems to be in a form of beta test.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote