Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-31-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
cherrycharity
cherrycharity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle authors sort

I notice that when I sort my kindle library by author, 'Vocabulary Builder' is at the front of the list, between authors, ALIGHIERI and ANTWOOD, which leads me to think that the "author" for 'Vocabulary Builder' is either AMAZON or the author of the book where I built the vocab list on (ANTOINE). However, I added a new vocab word to 'Vocublary Builder' from a book whose author is ZAMYATIN (the last book in my list) and the sort order for 'Vocabulary Builder' still did not change. So the "author" for it is probably really AMAZON. But in Calibre, the author name for it is "UNKNOWN" so I really don't know why it's showing up at the front of the list between ALIGHIERI and ANTWOOD!

Is there any way to make 'Vocabulary Builder' appear at the end of the list like 'My Clippings' and 'Dictionaries' do? Maybe through Calibre? It absolutely frustrates me to see the ugly 'Vocabulary Builder' cover image at the front page all the time
cherrycharity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:41 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sorry 'We' don't know

Maybe 'They' will know

BR

for those who don't understand the above; don't worry the OP will - I hope.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kindles actually use {Author_Sort}

Check to see if that field is Red in the Metadata editor (and make it Green if it is)

Plugboards: Are you using one for the Kindle?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
cherrycharity
cherrycharity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
@BetterRed I'm so sorry for posting in the wrong topic earlier on! Guess I didn't search properly and manage to find this thread! Sorry!

@theducks Thanks for replying! I use a plugboard with the source template as:
{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }
which sorts series in order when I sort by author's last name (which I prefer). It works like a charm!

I can't check the metadata of Vocabulary Builder, can I?
But the author sort metadata for all my other books are fine though. They're all green.
cherrycharity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycharity View Post
@BetterRed I'm so sorry for posting in the wrong topic earlier on! Guess I didn't search properly and manage to find this thread! Sorry!

@theducks Thanks for replying! I use a plugboard with the source template as:
{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }
which sorts series in order when I sort by author's last name (which I prefer). It works like a charm!

I can't check the metadata of Vocabulary Builder, can I?
But the author sort metadata for all my other books are fine though. They're all green.
Metadata Vocabulary builder?

Run the Quality check PI: Check Metadata:Check Author Sort

That will give you a list of those that need help
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2015, 06:36 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycharity View Post
@cherrycharity - no apology needed, you wouldn't have found this topic - when I moved your post (and mine) I created it :lol:

Good to see someone else who knows of Zemyatin, forerunner of Huxley and Orwell.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote