Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
BiggerCat
BiggerCat began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Calibre on Windows 7

Why un-install calibre and install 3.48
I have always updated to the latest 64 bit version and have never had any problems
BiggerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerCat View Post
Why un-install calibre and install 3.48
I have always updated to the latest 64 bit version and have never had any problems
There are issues with some Windows 7 video drivers and calibre. If you install 4.9.1 and all looks fine, no worries. If you install 4.9.1 and open the book viewer and the pages are blank and no video driver settings or updates fix the issue, time to revert to 3.48.

Edit: Or since Windows 7 is now EOL, update to Windows 10. Come to the Dark Side! We have cookies!

Last edited by DNSB; 01-24-2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Update advice
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #4
BiggerCat
BiggerCat began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There are issues with some Windows 7 video drivers and calibre. If you install 4.9.1 and all looks fine, no worries. If you install 4.9.1 and open the book viewer and the pages are blank and no video driver settings or updates fix the issue, time to revert to 3.48.

Edit: Or since Windows 7 is now EOL, update to Windows 10. Come to the Dark Side! We have cookies!
Many thanks. Tried Windows 10. They(Microsoft) want me to buy pro to get the functionality I have with 7 and need, No thanks. I'll stick with 7
BiggerCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #5
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerCat View Post
Many thanks. Tried Windows 10. They(Microsoft) want me to buy pro to get the functionality I have with 7 and need, No thanks. I'll stick with 7
If you have Windows 7 Pro or higher then for the upgrade you will be served Windows 10 Pro. I assume that you don't have Win7 Pro, or what is it that is missing from Win10 Pro that you need?

But it does sound from your tone as if you just don't want to upgrade?
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote