Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Question How to change series index number format sent to device?

In my library I have a custom column/color for series that do not (by choice) display leading zeros in the series. However, the series info that is being sent to my devices always displays leading zeros in the metadata. Where and how can I change this to eliminate the leading zeros?

Thank you!

Edit: I suspect the solution lies somewhere in "Tweaks" but haven't a clue how to accomplish the task.

Last edited by Skydog; 01-20-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
In my library I have a custom column/color for series that do not (by choice) display leading zeros in the series. However, the series info that is being sent to my devices always displays leading zeros in the metadata. Where and how can I change this to eliminate the leading zeros?

Thank you!
The template for the Plugboard or filename (depends on your device, which is shown)
Code:
The series
The series number. To get leading zeros use {series_index:0>3s} or {series_index:>3s} for leading spaces
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The template for the Plugboard or filename (depends on your device, which is shown)
Code:
The series
The series number. To get leading zeros use {series_index:0>3s} or {series_index:>3s} for leading spaces
Aha! I was looking in all the wrong places, Preferences> sending books to devices. When looking at plugboards I have the following:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

If I understand correctly, I would "edit existing plugboard" as follows:

{series:|| }{series_index:>2s|[|] - }{title}

Would this be correct?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Aha! I was looking in all the wrong places, Preferences> sending books to devices. When looking at plugboards I have the following:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

If I understand correctly, I would "edit existing plugboard" as follows:

{series:|| }{series_index:>2s|[|] - }{title}

Would this be correct?
I think so. Try it. You can always put it back and send again.
BTW I use 5.2 since I have (many) fractional series : 03.05 - title
Old 01-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
I think so. Try it. You can always put it back and send again.
BTW I use 5.2 since I have (many) fractional series : 03.05 - title
Thank you so much! I do not understand what "5.2" references. I, too, have some fractional series, but I cannot recall if xx.x has actually transferred to the devices. I daresay not!
Old 01-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

5 places with 2 to the right of the decimal. the decimal counts as a place
Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
5 places with 2 to the right of the decimal. the decimal counts as a place
Thank you again very much for your assistance, theducks.