Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 04:33 AM   #1
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Question I can't stand sync issue with Notes anymore! Alternative for notes syncing?

I am fed up with the error message "Network Error, please try again letter" when trying to sync my Notes. It can appear randomly, more frequently with CN server though (I've tried all servers, EU, US, CN).

Is there an alternative to sync Notes?
Maybe even if I need to use another note taking software from Notes (but I like a lot)?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:11 AM   #2
dcarvil
Enthusiast
dcarvil began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huyggy View Post
I am fed up with the error message "Network Error, please try again letter" when trying to sync my Notes. It can appear randomly, more frequently with CN server though (I've tried all servers, EU, US, CN).

Maybe even if I need to use another note taking software from Notes (but I like a lot)?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Where do you want to sync? If you want to sync to your PC or other devices, SyncThing works great. It was not designed to sync to the cloud, but could be forced to do so.

https://syncthing.net

https://www.reddit.com/r/Onyx_Boox/c...o_home_server/
dcarvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2024, 01:19 AM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
I use my adbsync.exe (in the sig) to sync all my content on all my devices.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:37 AM   #4
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarvil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Thanks for your answers!
I want to sync to another Onyx boox actually.
I saw the links mentioned above but Syncthing, or AdbSync seem to sync only a PDF version of the notes, whereas I'd like to continue editing the note.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:20 PM   #5
dcarvil
Enthusiast
dcarvil began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 3
Quote:
Thanks for your answers!
I want to sync to another Onyx boox actually.
I saw the links mentioned above but Syncthing, or AdbSync seem to sync only a PDF version of the notes, whereas I'd like to continue editing the note.
This article https://www.reddit.com/r/Onyx_Boox/c...w_with_a_boox/ states:

"To keep all my files updated continuously I use an app called Syncthing. With it you can have your files always in their last version by keeping them updated across different devices. This way I can download papers in my laptop into the shared folder/folders and it will send them to the Boox automatically. While annotating papers, Syncthing will keep updating the files in your other devices so you can have instant access to the annotations in your laptop, for example."

I don't use Notes, so I have not tried it.
dcarvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2024, 01:25 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Thanks for your answers!
AdbSync seem to sync only a PDF version of the notes, whereas I'd like to continue editing the note.
It's not a question of file type. I don't use Notes so that I don't know where the source is stored. The problem may be access to private areas in /data.

As stated in the documentation, AdbSync is reliant on what access the underlying ADB has. If your adbd server is truly rooted, then AdbSync can access everything.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 05:22 PM   #7
leader_montanus
leader_montanus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air
On my Boox devices I set up Notes to save PDF versions in /note folder AND I set up sync via Dropbox. I actually uninstalled Dropbox, but it still creates a file with extension .note for each note you are working on, in the same folder as the .PDF file. I sync the entire /note folder to PC and between Boox devices using syncthing.

When I click on the .note file on another Boox device it asks if you want to import the file into a note, and voila, you are working on a native copy of the Note, not a PDF copy.

This is not transparent syncing as it creates a new Note (with a new name) on the other device, but it always works...
leader_montanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notes, onyx boox, syncing