Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #436
whodean
whodean began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I'll have to email Dave Pierron again - he said he would do it.

Note that as a stop gap it should be possible to upgrade from the 2.3 release using the ZIP file as mentioned in the documentation. Having said that, I have not checked out myself how good the instructions (very brief) are as I do not have a Mac to test it on myself.
Where are the directions on how to do this?
whodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #437
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Quote:
Just to say that I have reproduced this error on my test library. Like you I cannot see any obvious reason why the XML file is 0 bytes - but at least I ahve something to look for now.

On a slightly different note I am going to reword entries in the Sync Log. Therefore isntead of an entry reading
IGNORED (CRC)
it will now read
NOT COPIED (CRC same)
which is I hope a bit clearer. Other messages getting a similar overhaul.
I just came online to post I had a test database for you with a couple of books that failed, but glad to see you have already reproduced it. I was worried my database was corrupt somehow.

I will do some more testing regarding the CRC check, as I'm sure it was sometimes copying files for books which hadnt changed. But I couldnt reproduce this on my small test database. (I'm using the latest code for opds and calibre). I'll try find some time to do more testing tomorrow.

Cheers,
EF
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #438
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
itimpi --

Which version of trook do you use with the latest calbre2opds? I used the upgrade-from-2.3 via zip file approach to upgrade my calibre2opds. It seems to run fine, produces a catalog, and sends it to the nook. It also copies books as expected. Sadly, trook can't seem to do anything with the catalog -- not even open it.

I'm using the craftycoder version of trook, on a nook classic wifi running the 1.4 firmware. Any advice?
Rename the index.xml file to catalog.xml and trook will be able to open it
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #439
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
Rename the index.xml file to catalog.xml and trook will be able to open it
Thanks for that information.

I will make sure for the next calibre2opds release that both catalog.xml and index.xml exist (albeit identical) when in trook mode as a quick and easy fix.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #440
whodean

Mac Calibre2OPDS has been generating the "all books" catalog on my machine for 4 DAYS now...hopefully the new version is an improvement? Hopefully we'll see a Mac version of the new version?
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #441
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Mac Calibre2OPDS has been generating the "all books" catalog on my machine for 4 DAYS now...hopefully the new version is an improvement? Hopefully we'll see a Mac version of the new version?
That suggests to me that something is not working as it should, although quite what it might be I have no idea. I am assuming that you are running a version (which version is this) old enough to not be displaying progress as it is running? That was added just so that you have visual feedback that progress is actually being made.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #442
whodean

Version 2.3, which I believe is the most recent Mac release. If I turn off the "all books" function the library is created in about a half hour, but I gave up on the all books option after 4 days.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #443
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Version 2.3, which I believe is the most recent Mac release. If I turn off the "all books" function the library is created in about a half hour, but I gave up on the all books option after 4 days.
The All Books option should not take anywhere near that long unless somethings has gone wrong. The slowest phase should be the "Generate All Authors" as that is when checks are made for what files exist on disk (the results are cached for later phases). There are a lot of fixes in the 2.4 release so it could well be something that has since been fixed.

I will have to chase Dave Pierron to get the 2.4 Mac build generally available. I would also like to understand why upgrading the Mac release via the ZIP package is apparently not working for most Mac users. The steps in the documentation were posted by a Mac user and there did not seem to be much involved. Obviously something important was omitted from the documentetd steps.

We are not far off making a 2.5 beta 1 build available for other platforms, but as I cannot produce the Mac build myself (not having a Mac) I cannot keep it in step with the Windows/Linux versions if a .dmg version has to be produced.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #444
whodean

itimpi, I will try the ZIP again, but could you point me where the documentation can be found?

EDIT: I just downloaded the ZIP file again, when you double click on the rungui.sh file it just opens as a text file.

Last edited by whodean; 08-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #445
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
EDIT: I just downloaded the ZIP file again, when you double click on the rungui.sh file it just opens as a text file.
That sounds as if it is not set as an 'executable' file. However, how you set that attribute on a Mac OS file I have no idea.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #446
whodean

Which application should I open that file with?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #447
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Which application should I open that file with?
Terminal. It's a unix shell command file.

To make it executable, open a terminal window and drag the icon of the folder where the file lives into the terminal window. That'll get you the path to the folder.

Enter the command
Code:
cd thatpath
(using the path you saw from dragging the folder) and then the command
Code:
chmod +x rungui.sh
After that, double-clicking on rungui.sh will execute it as a shell command.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #448
whodean

Thanks, that seems to work (its generating now)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #449
itimpi
Wizard

I have just made the calibre2opds 2.5 beta 1 (rev 265) release available for download from Launchpad.

The most important item is that this release should (I believe) fix the issue where books without comments would result in empty book detail files. I would be happy to have some confirmations that this is actually the case from some of you who have encountered this problem.

There are also some new features:
  • Option to allow suppression of resized cover generation - use calibre cover.jpg file directly instead
  • Option to allow suppression of thumbnail generation - use calibre cover.jpg file as thumbnail instead
  • Added completion times to each phase in Progress dialog to improve feedback
  • Reset option added to fields on External Links tab to get back the default values (in case you make a mistake editing it and have forgotten what the starting point was)
  • Any of the external links can be suppressed by setting the relevant URL field to empty.

Last edited by itimpi; 08-19-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #450
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Quote:
I have just made the calibre2opds 2.5 beta 1 (rev 265) release available for download from Launchpad.

The most important item is that this release should (I believe) fix the issue where books without comments would result in empty book detail files. I would be happy to have some confirmations that this is actually the case from some of you who have encountered this problem.
I did a clean run overnight on my library, and I've done a spot check of some of the problem books. All the ones I checked had valid xml and html now, so it looks like it's fixed.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote