Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
DirCat
Enthusiast
DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Wanting 1 column to have (up to) 4 other columns as individual tags

I have multiple series columns (the regular {series}, then {#series2}, {#series3}, and {#series4}).

I want them in one column where I can use it to search for the series as a tag.

I tried using the Column Built From Other Columns, Behaves Like Tags, but it added the series all together into one tag, no matter how I tried breaking it up. I want each individual series as its own tag.

Is there a way to do this?
DirCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
User a composite column (built from other columns) with the following template:

Code:
program:
	series = 'series,#series2,#series3,#series4';
	res = '';
	sep = ',';
	for col in series:
		res = list_union(res, field(col), sep)
	rof;
	res
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2021, 03:22 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Take a look at grouped searches (Preferences / Searching / Grouped searches). A grouped search is a pseudo-column that combines all the source columns.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:10 PM   #4
DirCat
Enthusiast
DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.DirCat invented the internet.

@capink: That worked perfectly. Thanks!

@chaley: I wanted the column to use with Calibre Companion, so I needed it as a real column. (Or at least I think so.) :-D
Old 07-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirCat View Post

@chaley: I wanted the column to use with Calibre Companion, so I needed it as a real column. (Or at least I think so.) :-D
@DirCat - @chaley has provided a solution for precisely that - it's a Library Closed plugin ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #6
DirCat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@DirCat - @chaley has provided a solution for precisely that - it's a Library Closed plugin ==>> Index of plugins

BR
I'll check it out. Thanks again!

Tags
custom columns, multiple series