Old 02-02-2024, 01:41 AM   #1
Tamutka
Tamutka began at the beginning.

Device: SAmsung 5e
Plugin questions

Hi all,
I started to use the marvelous program, but I have two problems till now:
First problem:
I don't know about computers and programming, I'm just an ignorant user. So please someone explain to me what plugins are and how to use them.
Second problem:
I would like to replace "</span></p><p><span class="font6">" but only where necessary - page break. There are over 4000 hits, but only 18 of them should be replaced in the entire document. Finding these parts is very time consuming. Is there any suitable solution?
Thanks for the help!
Tamutka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 07:54 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Plugins are small programs that do a specific task. That plugin can be added, or not, to Sigil if you need that task accomplished. If you find a plugin that you want to add, simply download the zip file (leave it as a zip and don’t change the name) somewhere convenient like your desktop. Then, in Sigil, select Plugins/Manage Plugins from the menu. Then Add Plugin and point it to the zip file. You can assign up to 10 of your favorite plugins to display as a button in the toolbar, the rest can be accessed by the plugin menu.

The description of each Plugin, on its thread here in MR, should explain how to use it.

Your question about changing </span><p> can be done using the find/replace function, and possibly something called regular expressions (regex), but you will need to find something that more uniquely identifies the problem area…narrow down the search so you don’t get 4000 hits.

I don’t quite understand what you are looking for re: page break. Can you explain a little more?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2024, 09:46 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And all of that is described in the Sigil User's guide, which can be a good reference if you are just starting out with Sigil.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/sigil...guide/releases
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 10:27 AM   #4
Tamutka
Tamutka began at the beginning.

Device: SAmsung 5e
Thank you very much! I will watch some movies and hope I will be expert soon :-)
Have a nice day
Tamutka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:12 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I did not know there were any Sigil related how-to movies. The epub user guide is a good read.

If you do find a set of good how-to Sigil videos, please post a set of links here so that others can be made aware of them.

Thank you.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2024, 12:00 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Plugins are accessory tools and utilities to make specific tasks easier/faster.
Many are created by users with a specific task or goal, The developers of Sigil Built in a way these could be attached to specific areas of Sigil.
My most heavily used one is TagMechanic (mostly to despan unnecessary spans inherited from other conversions? like your span class="font6")

If the entire P needs a font, why not define .wfont6) <p class="wfont6"> ?? and stop requiring a second CSS lookup for those P (in many cases the span was redundant or the default: font-size:1em; or color:black;
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote