Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
How-to Question: Export list

Hi,

I'd like to ask for help in this situation:

I have a Kindle with too many books on it and would like to clean it up. I'd like to mark all books on the Kindle with the tag on-kindle in the library.

In the library I can select all books that are recognized as on device when attached, these can be marked easily. So far so good.

In device view I see some 200 books not marked as in-library. I'd like to export this list for further reference/work, as these need to be investigated.

How can I do this? I could not find any way to export that list to a, say, text file?

Thanxx for any help,

Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Dang! I don't see an easy way

You could create a 'test' Library
Then Import all books to that.

Then with your main library filtered by YOUR (saved) 'Known on the Device' Tag, do a duplicate check between libraries :find Library duplicates: Invert the results

You could preset (in preferences: adding Books) a tag: 'device only'
then add the books to the Library and do the resolve/cleanup of those tagged
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks, theducks,

I think I just just take a screen capture in that case :-)

Thanks for jumping in, though!

Cheers, Mixx

PS: Perhaps Calibre can be enhanced one day to always put the list of books selected in any view to the clipboard upon CTRL-C.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Thanks, theducks,

I think I just just take a screen capture in that case :-)

Thanks for jumping in, though!

Cheers, Mixx

PS: Perhaps Calibre can be enhanced one day to always put the list of books selected in any view to the clipboard upon CTRL-C.
It already has that feature, just slightly different steps.
Select books
right-click Conversions icon: Create Catalog.
To view:
CSV: use your spreadsheet
Mobi or EPUB: Use your device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
Mixx
Zealot

Yes, thanks, but this does not work in device view, where I'd need it.

Thanxx, Mixx
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Yes, thanks, but this does not work in device view, where I'd need it.

Thanxx, Mixx
Perhaps if you import the books to a new library (which I think theducks was suggesting) and make a catalog it might be slightly more useful to you.

On the other hand it may be more bother than it is worth.

You could also import these into your current libray with and add a tag indicating that these need to be investigated or just sort by date added to see them and then you would have them all in one spot.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
Mixx
Zealot

I ended up putting them into a temp library just to be able to generate a CSV catalog and print it, subsequently deleting the library. This really is the proverbial (in some languages) cannon shooting at sparrows

Thanxx, Mixx
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think we need a new feature to be able to export a device view. Anyone up to writing this?

I was going to start a thread asking how to export the list. But I found this thread instead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote