Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Not only is that what he means but that is what he stated throughout this thread.
maybe the detail you refer to was in invisible ink

his complete response, as it appears on my screen, was "MOBI does not support top and bottom margins."

the only other statement he made was "It's there for those epub readers that support top and bottom margins and you can control it via the page setup options under conversion settings."

no qualifiers, just that "does not support... " assertion - hence my follow up question & example of circs. in which mobi does support....

anyway, feel free to have the last word.

I've learnt most of what I think I need to know i.e.

1. messing with / removing this line will NOT affect how books appear on a Kindle.

2. but may affect how they appear on a Sony reader

The one point I would still like more clarity on is this: assume I edit the @page stuff on a page by page basis in sigil, but for some reason I later on run an epub to epub conversion in calibre- deliberately or accidentally. Will that wipe out all my edits to the @page lines of code and reset everything to 5pts, will will calibre go: --hmm - I see the @page code is already set so I will leave it as-is ?

I see no option for telling calibre - "dont overwrite that code any more because I've already customised it
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote