Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #1
fenikso
fenikso began at the beginning.

Device: none
So many requirements... Should I buy Kobo Libra H2O?

Hi all,

I have been using Kobo readers for a long time. I am looking for a specific set of requirements and I think that Kobo Libra H2O would more or less fulfill them, but I am curious what would you recommend.
  • Waterproof
  • Warm light for evening
  • Around 7" high resolution e-ink screen
  • Bookerly font (either builtin or loadable)
  • Good management for side loaded books (ideally able to wireless loading)
  • Ability to set small margins so most of the screen is used for reading (no header, footer etc.)
  • Ability to override book CSS when I set line spacing, justify, font size etc.
  • Ideally ability to set/ignore widows/orphans

I am able to get most of the book rendering requirements on my current Kobo Aura H2O if I patch firmware, load fonts, and convert all books in Calibre to modify CSS. It would be great if I could do that out of the box.

Last edited by fenikso; 05-03-2021 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Changed title
fenikso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:13 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Kobo libra is good value, collections, annotations and series work perfectly with Kobo Utilities on Calibre.

I've not patched my H2O original or Libra.

KO reader is the only way to override STUPID CSS. Sensible CSS allows native GUI to change line spacing, margins etc. I fix stupid CSS in Calibre (Delete all line heights).

I only use KOreader on the Mars.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert