Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-05-2021, 04:28 PM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Reader I have with the best battery life is my Kobo Aura H2O. It's going on 6.5 years with a still decent battery.

So I would recommend for Kobo to go with the Kobo Libra H2O because of the 7" screen. If going with Pocketbook, I would suggest the Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro for the 7.8" screen. 6" screens are now too small (IMHO).
I had the "Kobo H2O 2eme edition", it is significantly better than the new models. (better construction, backlight and contrast)

However, I am of the opinion that a 6-inch device is more compact than a 7'8-inch reader.
The six-inch fits in your pocket without any problems.

PS: Of course, it depends on everyone's preferences. At home, I also prefer the screen version, but outside the home, I prefer the 6-inch version.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-05-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
... (IMHO).
What does the H stand for?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2021, 06:13 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
What does the H stand for?
In my humble opinion

In my not so humble opinion.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:41 PM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In my humble opinion

In my not so humble opinion.
I was hoping Jon would answer. My understanding is that it means humble or honest.

Jon, what do you mean?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I was hoping Jon would answer. My understanding is that it means humble or honest.

Jon, what do you mean?
It stands for In My Humble Opinion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It stands for In My Humble Opinion.
So if you don't include IMHO, are you posting a non humble opinion, or a fact, or, ...
Old 05-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
So if you don't include IMHO, are you posting a non humble opinion, or a fact, or, ...
I think him starting to occasionally use the label opinion is an improvement.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:00 AM   #23
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I think him starting to occasionally use the label opinion is an improvement.
Definitely. That and the use of some "I"s.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
...I am of the opinion that a 6-inch device is more compact than a 7'8-inch reader.
Well, that is more of a fact than an opinion

But I'm just being a jerk and I do prefer a 6" screen to a larger one.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:28 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That depends on the Readers in question. While 6" might be smaller, it' not as nice to read with as a 7" Reader.

Also, buying a Reader to put in your pocket increases the risk of it getting damaged.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:40 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Also, buying a Reader to put in your pocket increases the risk of it getting damaged.
This depends very much on the construction of the reader.
There are hardly any problems with a device with a completely underlaid display module and Asahi Glass surface (Boox Poke 3).
You should only not drop it.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #27
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Prove it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #28
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Also, buying a Reader to put in your pocket increases the risk of it getting damaged.[/QUOTE]

The Reader or the pocket?
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
The Reader or the pocket?[/QUOTE]

The Reader.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I had the "Kobo H2O 2eme edition", it is significantly better than the new models. (better construction, backlight and contrast)

However, I am of the opinion that a 6-inch device is more compact than a 7'8-inch reader.
The six-inch fits in your pocket without any problems.

PS: Of course, it depends on everyone's preferences. At home, I also prefer the screen version, but outside the home, I prefer the 6-inch version.
It depends on the size of the device.

nook STR: 6.5 in (165 mm) H 5.0 in (127 mm) W 0.47 in (12 mm) D
Kobo Libra H2O: 15.9 x 14.4 x 0.5 cm (6.3 x 5.7 x 0.2 in)

So the nook STR is overall larger then the Libra H2O.

It also depends on how you carry your Reader. I can easily carry my original H2O no problem. I have a bag I sometimes take with me that I can put my H2O in and keep it safe. I've never ever wanted to put a Reader in a pocket. I treat my Readers carefully. I don't think that because I have never broken any screen that I'm safe being less lax.