Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #2521
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclettico View Post
The plugin (or Calibre?) doesn't recognize new Kobo Elipsa.
The recognition for devices are in the drivers in calibre. And, the KoboTouch driver does not recognise the Elipsa yet. I have most of the changes needed, but, have not been in a hurry as the device has not actually been released. I will check it in soon.

But, if you have one, can you tell me the firmware version it has?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:55 PM   #2522
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
The plugin (or Calibre?) doesn't recognize new Kobo Elipsa.
Out of curiosity, where did you get your Kobo Elipsa? I was not aware that they were shipping as yet since their website still shows June 24th as the availability date.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:57 PM   #2523
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of curiosity, where did you get your Kobo Elipsa? I was not aware that they were shipping as yet since their website still shows June 24th as the availability date.
Time travel, clearly.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:38 AM   #2524
leclettico
leclettico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I am a tech reviewer. I have one Elipsa to test.
leclettico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:13 AM   #2525
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am a tech reviewer. I have one Elipsa to test.
I was wondering if that was the case. I have just checked in the changes to recognise the Elipsa. They will be in the next release of calibre or you can run from source. It doesn't have the correct firmware or database versions. I will update those when I find out what they are. This will mean the warning about the firmware will be displayed, but, using the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the driver should be safe.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:25 AM   #2526
leclettico
leclettico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was wondering if that was the case. I have just checked in the changes to recognise the Elipsa. They will be in the next release of calibre or you can run from source. It doesn't have the correct firmware or database versions. I will update those when I find out what they are. This will mean the warning about the firmware will be displayed, but, using the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the driver should be safe.
Thanks, Iíll try with the source.
For the firmware, I didnít sign a Non Disclosure Agreement, but I think it is inappropriate to show data from a device that is not yet in availability. I hope you understand.
leclettico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:53 AM   #2527
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
For the firmware, I didnít sign a Non Disclosure Agreement, but I think it is inappropriate to show data from a device that is not yet in availability. I hope you understand.
I don't think it's inappropriate to give the firmware version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #2528
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please do. And tell me if I got it wrong.
Quote:
I can understand that, but, I don't think Kobo would have an issue. Previously, reviewers have posted photos of the Device information page or included it in video reviews. I haven't noticed one for the Elipsa.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:28 AM   #2529
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@davidfor Don't forget Kobo have a habit of releasing a new release of their f/w the day a new device goes live

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #2530
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@davidfor Don't forget Kobo have a habit of releasing a new release of their f/w the day a new device goes live
I know. I'm wondering if the factory firmware is going to be a 4.27 or 4.28 or something, but the first update will be 5.0. The changes in this should justify the full version bump.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #2531
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question:

Save template:
{#kobopath}/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors}

Occasionally I have a fanfic change titles. The driver sends it as a new book because the save template has changed. I end up with duplicate copies of the book.

Is there a way to have the driver just overwrite the existing matched book despite it being the wrong title?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 AM   #2532
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question:

Save template:

Occasionally I have a fanfic change titles. The driver sends it as a new book because the save template has changed. I end up with duplicate copies of the book.

Is there a way to have the driver just overwrite the existing matched book despite it being the wrong title?
No.

I've considered it how to handle this, but, the work involved doesn't seem worth it. This has to be done by overriding something in base calibre code, and there isn't a good spot to do it without major changes.

The alternative would be a "move" function in the Kobo Utilities plugin to change the name of the existing file. But, that means a lot of database updates. It is a bit to risky.
Old Today, 12:08 AM   #2533
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The alternative would be a "move" function in the Kobo Utilities plugin to change the name of the existing file. But, that means a lot of database updates. It is a bit to risky.
What about an option to work with a custom column containing the previous filename or something similar? If the extended driver or utilities can then verify it's a duplicate book at the old location, deal with it appropriately...

Also, I thought the saved metadata on the device kept some of this info.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #2534
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question:

Save template:

So change the filename back to what it was before sending it to your Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one