Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #76
DavidFZS
DavidFZS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I set cover for no image and to display the "reader in sleep mode" message => Still not better...
I ran the e2fsk on partitions 6, 8, 9 and 10 (there was some errors on partition 9) => Much better. (also tested badblocks, but there wasn't any)
Reset to factory => No more improvement
Downgraded to 1.0.05 => Only tested a few minutes, no freeze, but dictionary lookups are sometimes very slow (for example it just took +40s to look for the word "names")
DavidFZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:18 AM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just remember, compared to current Readers, the T series is slow.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 AM   #78
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Try following this procedure: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=72 modifying it as you deem fit. It solved the problems with my PRS-T1 permanently.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:21 PM   #79
appzh
appzh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Boyue, Kindle, Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by entodoays View Post
Try following this procedure: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=72 modifying it as you deem fit. It solved the problems with my PRS-T1 permanently.
Hi, I want to tell you thank you so much!!!, I have the problem that mentioned in this post, I recently bought a Sony PRS-T1 and that reader freezes when accesing dictionary, the firmware version is the last (1.0.07.05070), I follow your post with a little difference, I backup only partition 6 (dictionarie) on ubuntu using "dd" command and then using Gparted I format that ext2 partition and back the backup and the problem was solve!! , now my ereader works great!! and no more freeze when wake up and sleep, the dictionarie works perfectly...Thanks again for the solution.
appzh is offline   Reply With Quote