Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Standardize page size of PDFs?

Hi all
In order to save screen size on the reader, I cropped a PDF, got rid of unnecessary writing at the side of the pdf, page numbers that were far apart from the rest of the text and useless illustrations next to some recipes in the book.

I exported as postscript and re-created the pdf, to get rid of the hidden margins after cropping.

Now I have an optimally sized pdf --- but I would like to standardize the page size. The pages are unevenly sized after all the cutting and slicing I have been doing.

How can I modify the PDF so that all pages are the same size?
What options are there for how to do this? I mean do I simply add margins of different size, do I enlarge the page itself, or how?

Really grateful for the advice of somebody who has more experience with this than me.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I have to do this when I get files that have been saved as US Letter and we need to print it as A4. Select PRINT. From memory there is a setup or options or advanced area where you can select page size. Scroll to the bottom where you can add a custom size. Once you have OK'd the size you want ensure that you select the fit to page option. Then print to PDF. The result is a new PDF at the size you wanted. You will need to be patient with your first attempt because there are about three or four places in this process that refer to page sizes and sometimes one will cancel out the other. Good luck!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Thread moved to where the PDF experts are. This is obviously specifically about PDF.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote