Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
mephis
mephis began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
wget an ftp folder

Hi,

I'd like to download an entire folder structure to pb903 using wget.

I tried the following on my local machine - it worked flawless

wget -r --ftp-user='user' --ftp-password='*******' ftp://192.168.1.109/../user/ereader/

Mainly based on thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115657&highlight=wget112&page=7

I hoped to engineer my script, like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
#       License: GPLv2
#       Author: review (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=88891)
#       Modified by mephi
#Disable powersave
echo test > /sys/power/wake_lock
#Activate powersave again at any kind of exit from the script
trap 'echo test > /sys/power/wake_unlock' EXIT
# connect only to network if we're not already connected
mypid="$(ps |grep netagent|grep connect)"
if [[ "$mypid" == "" ]]; then 
	/ebrmain/bin/netagent connect
fi

mkdir devgettest
cd /mnt/ext2/devgettest

wget -r --ftp-user='user' --ftp-password='*******'  ftp://192.168.1.109/../user/ereader/

# disconnect only from network if we were not connected when script started.
if [[ "$mypid" == "" ]]; then 
	/ebrmain/bin/netagent disconnect
fi
It's not working. Anyone having an idea why?

Last edited by mephis; 10-11-2011 at 04:00 PM.
mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The reader has a stripped down BusyBox version of wget which doesn't have the options you need. Search this forum for wget and my username ('rkomar') and you should find a better version that I uploaded here a while ago. Copy it to your reader somewhere and use that version in your script.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
mephis
mephis began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
Tks,tks, works nicely.

To sum it up for the readers to come:

Copy rkomars wget e.g. to application.
wget.gz

In aboves script replace wget ....

with

mnt/ext1/applications/wget

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@rkomar:
What about rsync. Included or striped in busy box ?
If not how to compile ?

Last edited by mephis; 10-11-2011 at 03:59 PM.
mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I pulled that version of wget out of the debian squeeze/sid arm system that LoneTech made available for emulation under qemu. That system is binary compatible with what's on the PocketBook Pro devices. I suspect you could pull out whatever binary you wanted to run and install it on the reader, as long as you made sure you also got whatever missing libraries you needed for it.

Anyway, see the first message in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114745 if you want to get LoneTech's copy of debian for qemu.

Edit: Crap! I started up the system under qemu and realized that it doesn't contain rsync. Oh well, maybe you can find other goodies in there. You can probably find rsync in the proper debian repository.

Last edited by rkomar; 10-11-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added correction about rsync.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote