Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Setting up time in Nook Wi-Fi

Can anyone tell me how I can set my time with my Nook Wi-Fi. I have never registered my Nook and the first time I connected to wifi it set the time automatically. After several months the time is off by about 10 minutes so I want to readjust it.

Any ideas how?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just reboot the Nook. That should set the time correctly.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
That won't work. Mine has the same problem. I get the feeling you have to establish a WiFi connection again, maybe register then unregister.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:49 AM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
That won't work. Mine has the same problem. I get the feeling you have to establish a WiFi connection again, maybe register then unregister.
Do you have firmware 1.4? For me setting the time this way only worked after I upgraded to 1.4.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
If you have airplane mode on, turn it off...when it connects to a network the time will automatically update itself. Mine was on airplane mode for 3 months and the time was off by 10 minutes. I'd just reconnected it to a wifi network and the time adjusted itself.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do have FW 1.4. Just turning the airplane mode off did not set my time. I did however follow geertm's advice and with the airplane mode off I rebooted the Nook and the time was adjusted automatically!
Thanks guys!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I do have FW 1.4. Just turning the airplane mode off did not set my time. I did however follow geertm's advice and with the airplane mode off I rebooted the Nook and the time was adjusted automatically!
Thanks guys!
And were you connected to a WiFi network after you re-booted or not?

BTW 1.40
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
randyp1234
randyp1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Thanks guys!
I do the same: Connect to WiFi, restart Nook and clock resets, go back to airplane mode.
randyp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Thrasher
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
And were you connected to a WiFi network after you re-booted or not?

BTW 1.40
Yes I was connected to Wifi before and after rebooting.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the info. I had no idea I couldn't set to the correct time myself but had to turn on wi-fi.

The other night when the clock was running 8 minutes fast, I just couldn't understand why it only gives you the option of making it 12 or 24 hrs, keep daylight time on, but it wouldn't let me set the time!
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote