Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
PBee
PBee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
How Do I Change the Language?

I was so excited I got my new Cybook this morning, plugged it in right away to charge the battery and when there was enough power to get that little sucker humming I turned it on. I don't know what menu came up first, I think it was the language menu, and thinking I was choosing English as a language I wanted I pushed the OK button and found myself looking at a language I don't recognize, it certainly isn't English

Can somebody out there tell me how I can correct this error? I'd be more than happy to use the menu if I could read it I did try using the reset button but to no avail, I've read the manual and even did a search for "language" and have found absolutely nothing.

This is my introduction, a person who believes in reading the instructions when all else fails
PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
bypass
bypass began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
try this.

start device

press button on the left side that is second from the top (has a little page symbol on it) this should bring up a menu with 7 selectable options.

choose the last/bottom option by moving to it using up or down on the D pad and then slecting it by clicking the centre button on the D pad.

This will open another menu with 5 option. select the top/first option which should be languages.

this will open another menu with 6 options. top/first one should be English. select this and it should be problem solved
bypass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you have trouble with bypass's solution, you might consider giving us some examples of the text you see so that we might find out which language it is and give you the exact menu options to choose.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

In the last menu that bypass mentions the language options are from top to bottom:
English
Français
Deutsch
Español
Italiano
Nederlands

Just choose the “blindly” the option that resolves your problem.

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
PBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bypass View Post
try this.

start device

press button on the left side that is second from the top (has a little page symbol on it) this should bring up a menu with 7 selectable options.

choose the last/bottom option by moving to it using up or down on the D pad and then slecting it by clicking the centre button on the D pad.

This will open another menu with 5 option. select the top/first option which should be languages.

this will open another menu with 6 options. top/first one should be English. select this and it should be problem solved

You solved my problem and I thank you immensely.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
PBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
If you have trouble with bypass's solution, you might consider giving us some examples of the text you see so that we might find out which language it is and give you the exact menu options to choose.
It turns out I had chosen Cestina as my language of choice. Just by playing around last night I did learn that Slovnik = Look Up and Velikost = Font Size.

It's a good thing they've made this unit bullet proof for "simpletons like me"

Again I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter and wish you a good day.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

After looking it up, it turns out "Cestina" is the czech word for ... Czech.
So it's good that bypass's solution worked fine, because I'm not sure we have a lot of Czech members here.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
plazec
plazec doesn't litterplazec doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
After looking it up, it turns out "Cestina" is the czech word for ... Czech.
So it's good that bypass's solution worked fine, because I'm not sure we have a lot of Czech members here.
We have some
It also confirms tha firmware build 820 added more languages instead of new functions.
plazec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #9
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazec View Post
We have some
It also confirms tha firmware build 820 added more languages instead of new functions.
Cool for both !

At least now we have a better idea of what they are doing in this new firmware, in addition of supposed bug fixes.