Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Book bought in iTunes to T1?

I realize I should never assume, but I did. Bought a book in iTunes and am coming to realize I can't read it on anything but my iPod [or iWhatever if I had some other iDevice] Seriously? Is there some 'easy' way around this? I paid for the darn thing. I have a sinking feeling I just learned the hard way...

Thanks to any who can steer me to an easy solution, but I'm feeling I already know the answer. *sigh*
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Does the itunes have a desktop associated with it? I have never bought from itunes because I don't possess the software that allows me to get past the "clear cart" phase. (I tried it on a freebie once).

I don't use Windows, so whatever desktop or gizmo it tells me I need is irrelevant.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Does the itunes have a desktop associated with it? I have never bought from itunes because I don't possess the software that allows me to get past the "clear cart" phase. (I tried it on a freebie once).

I don't use Windows, so whatever desktop or gizmo it tells me I need is irrelevant.
Thank you for replying spindlegirl. I bought it in iTunes on my computer. I've only ever used iTunes for a book once before and that was a freebie and obviously from the experience I'm having now was DRM free. When I click the book it doesn't even open in ADE, and I get the 'drm' message in Calibre. Guess I'll read this one on my iPod and consider it a lesson learned...
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thank you for replying spindlegirl. I bought it in iTunes on my computer. I've only ever used iTunes for a book once before and that was a freebie and obviously from the experience I'm having now was DRM free. When I click the book it doesn't even open in ADE, and I get the 'drm' message in Calibre. Guess I'll read this one on my iPod and consider it a lesson learned...

I understand the Requiem app can be used to "clean" the file. Then it should work in the T1.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I understand the Requiem app can be used to "clean" the file. Then it should work in the T1.
Ah, thank you TimW. I 'heard' about it, however, doesn't seem that easy to find, and I'm guessing probably not that easy to use. [considering I had a difficult time with 'Alf' ]

I should have not posted this thread in the heat of the moment. *sigh* I think for 1 book, I'll live, and consider it a ****** lesson learned.

Maybe my embarassment will prevent someone else from doing the same thing.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Ah, thank you TimW. I 'heard' about it, however, doesn't seem that easy to find, and I'm guessing probably not that easy to use. [considering I had a difficult time with 'Alf' ]

I should have not posted this thread in the heat of the moment. *sigh* I think for 1 book, I'll live, and consider it a ****** lesson learned.

Maybe my embarassment will prevent someone else from doing the same thing.
Try searching for "Requiem iBooks" and there is a WikiHow article that looks helpful. I would post the link, but, you know... Good luck.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Try searching for "Requiem iBooks" and there is a WikiHow article that looks helpful. I would post the link, but, you know... Good luck.
Ok, will do, and understood!
Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's most appreciated!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
This threads interesting to me as well as I have a few books on iTunes myself from before I bought an ereader ironicly they didn't even work to well with iBooks which seemed to keep moving my bookmarks around (it only seemed to do this on actual puchased books not free ones which makes me think it's their DRM).

This might be a chance for me to actually read them without getting frustrated.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
This threads interesting to me as well as I have a few books on iTunes myself from before I bought an ereader ironicly they didn't even work to well with iBooks which seemed to keep moving my bookmarks around (it only seemed to do this on actual puchased books not free ones which makes me think it's their DRM).

This might be a chance for me to actually read them without getting frustrated.
I hope you had better luck than I did.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #10
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
I hope you had better luck than I did.
Nope afraid I didn't I managed to find the file(I think) but pretty much everything on my system told me it was malicious then I read about needing a certain old version of iTunes and having to uninstall the current one and back up certain folders/settings and gave up on it as not worth the hassle.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Nope afraid I didn't I managed to find the file(I think) but pretty much everything on my system told me it was malicious then I read about needing a certain old version of iTunes and having to uninstall the current one and back up certain folders/settings and gave up on it as not worth the hassle.
Yes, that was pretty much my experience as well. I'm reading that 1 book on my iPod and lesson learned NOT to buy books from iTunes.