Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #571
slayerwpww
slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Honestly, the lack of a microSD expansion slot is so annoying that I think I will take really good care of my old Aura HD. Now Kobo has removed the internal SD card (Aura One and H20-2) and replaced it with a soldered chip. So, no possibility to upgrade the internal SD memory card either. I really like to have many (big) technical ebooks with me and I really need more than 8G. Tablets are a pain to read from, so they are not an option for me. Maybe I will have to buy 2 or more cheaper kobos to keep my collections separated??? I have always been a huge fan of ebook readers dedicated devices but I can't see a bright future for them now. In my opinion, expansion slots for microSD cards are far more important than having a waterproof device... just my 2 cents.
I have just read that Kobo will release a special and limited edition of AuraOne with 32GB in Japan and USA (http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...kobo-aura-one/) - probably to face the new kindle oasis. I wish Kobo keeps this edition as a regular stock A1 and offers it worldwide. Good news, at least for me.
slayerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote