Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #1141
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you for including the reason for marking a database as corrupt in the job details! I've been able to recover a corrupt database without having to sign off/sign in or copying a previous backup.
You mean in the backup? That does an integrity check database of the copy it makes, so displaying the results made sense.

What sort of errors were they? If it was only indexes, I have forced a rebuild of the indexes to fix the database. And compress will also fix indexes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:07 AM   #1142
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You mean in the backup? That does an integrity check database of the copy it makes, so displaying the results made sense.

What sort of errors were they? If it was only indexes, I have forced a rebuild of the indexes to fix the database. And compress will also fix indexes.
I mean there, yes. And it was an index, so I've rebuilt it (after leaning the command in sqlite, I knew it in Oracle ), and I've performed a backup later with no problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #1143
familybookfinder
familybookfinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, hope you can help. I am having problems with the "order Series Shelves" function.
I tried to set it up according to the instruction, however I am not getting the desired outcome. I am hoping someone can point out where I went wrong.
My understanding is that the books should be sorting by "Series" and series number. This is not happening. The instructions say to set it to sort by Date added. I cant find any way to edit or even view this date added field to see if that is the problem.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

All books are sideloaded thur Calibre, all columns are populated in Calibre.
familybookfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #1144
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familybookfinder View Post
Hi, hope you can help. I am having problems with the "order Series Shelves" function.
I tried to set it up according to the instruction, however I am not getting the desired outcome. I am hoping someone can point out where I went wrong.
My understanding is that the books should be sorting by "Series" and series number. This is not happening. The instructions say to set it to sort by Date added. I cant find any way to edit or even view this date added field to see if that is the problem.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

All books are sideloaded thur Calibre, all columns are populated in Calibre.
The "Order Series Shelves" is a cheat. It changed the date the book was date added to the collection to match the series order. But, the date added sorting has been broken in the firmware for a while. If you are using any recent firmware version, the date added sort doesn't work and hence this function in the plugin doesn't do anything useful.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 AM   #1145
timelord
timelord began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
First, sorry if this has been asked before in this thread - I tried searching back through it but there are 77 pages of posts:

I've got the plugin working to store the current reading positions of ePubs on my Kobo Glo HD. I can see it store the reading location, last read timestamp and percent read correctly in the custom columns I created for it. The problem is that when I open these books in Calibre (i.e. with Calibre's built-in ebook reader) it doesn't take any notice of the synced last read position.

Is there a way to have Calibre's reader look at these custom columns for the last read position? Or is the syncing really more of a backup, e.g. if I lose my ereader and buy another one I can then sync the last read position back to it from Calibre?
timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #1146
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

No, the plugin doesn't do anything to set the reading position for using the calibre viewer. The store/restore function was created for backing up the reading position in case you need to restore it later. I don't need to do that much and I mainly use it to record what I have read and also sync this with to Goodreads.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #1147
timelord
timelord began at the beginning.

Thanks! And thanks for your work on the plugin too!
timelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #1148
familybookfinder
familybookfinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The "Order Series Shelves" is a cheat. It changed the date the book was date added to the collection to match the series order. But, the date added sorting has been broken in the firmware for a while. If you are using any recent firmware version, the date added sort doesn't work and hence this function in the plugin doesn't do anything useful.
Thank you for responding. I guess the best way to order the shelves then is to use the plugboards.

familybookfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:19 PM   #1149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familybookfinder View Post
Thank you for responding. I guess the best way to order the shelves then is to use the plugboards.
Unfortunately, it is the only way. But, personally, I just make sure the series info is correct. Very few of the series I read have enough books in them that the lack of sorting is anything more than an annoyance.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #1150
Maoo
Maoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation Series information error

Hi all,
I'm trying to set the series information for e-books in my Kobo Aura HD as I always did up to this summer. Since May/June this year I regularly get the following message:
Quote:
calibre, version 2.63.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KoboUtilitiesAction' object has no attribute 'pb'

calibre 2.63 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 4) && Kobo Utilities (2, 3, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 7, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1684, in manage_series_on_device
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3438, in _update_metadata
AttributeError: 'KoboUtilitiesAction' object has no attribute 'pb'
My e-book reader is a Kobo Aura HD firmware version: 3.19.5761
I'm using Calibre 2.6.3 with the following plugins installed:
  • Kobo Utilities 2.3.2
  • Kobo Touch Extended 2.7.2

Does anybody can help me in getting back this very useful feature working?
Thanks.
Maoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #1151
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That's a stupid error in the code, I'll fix it over the weekend.

And please everyone, if you see an error, report it. The only problem I have with fixing bugs like this is that I created them in them in the first place. And in this case, I deserve the
Old 08-12-2016, 03:04 AM   #1152
Maoo

Uau!

That's great!
I'lll try the new code as soon as available!

Old 08-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #1153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - SQLite library change

Attached is a beta of the plugin with a few changes. The main reason for the beta is that I have changed the SQLite library used by the plugin from sqlite3 to apsw. This matches my recent change in the KoboTouch driver. If I have done this correctly, you won't see a different. I just need to make sure it is working for others before an official release. The plugin should still be compatible with older versions of calibre, but I haven't done that much.

The changes are included in the beta are:
  • Fix: Error deleting trigger.
  • Fix: No progress bar for series management.
  • Change: Change database reading to use the apsw library instead of sqlite3 library.
  • Change: Better handling of the progress bar.
  • Fix: Timestamp issues when updating metadata.

The version number is 2.3.3. If anyone sees any problems please tell me.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-20-2016 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Removed beta.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #1154
Maoo

Downloaded and installed.
I will try it and post the results.

Thanks again!
Old 08-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #1155
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Beta version 2.3.3 order series shelves
Unhandled exception: key error: content id
Traceback
Koboutilities.action Line 1431
Ditto line 2956
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities