Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-15-2023, 11:48 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If it works and is not error causing, then leave it be.
Why?
Simple.
Because of OS evolution (don't get me started ) and hardware limits, there are users still using Calibre 1.x (XP and earlier), Calibre 2.x, Calibre 3.x

Almost anything you could do with 2.x STILL works with 6.x. There may be better ways with the newer version, more plugin features... But if I say right click the book icon (assumes no custom icons). There is one to click.
As someone who started with W3.11, I get frustrated on occasion chasing where they moved a common (admin type) task this version. I went from XP > W7 direct. I liked W7, it fixed some of the major security holes, had those Admin tools on the start menu and USB just worked.

No mandatory Tiles (a reason I also ditched Ubuntu) . I use a Desktop, not a Tablet.

Calibre is Tool. Tools are made for doing jobs.
I can walk up to a Tektronix scope from 1960 or 2010 and run it, just looking at the controls (that 2010 model could waaay more than that old 515 , but I could still run it just fine because I knew what each control did)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, product development, ux design