Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Amazon Kindle app 4.14.0.199 not working

It looks like this update arrived yesterday and it's not working on my antique Motorola Xoom (Android 4.1.2). I've restarted Android, uninstalled (and cleaned up data) and reinstalled, etc. but at most it launches and syncs. All my attempts to download something fail, it always crashes before the download finishes. Never mind that the app is slow, I'm sort of used to that. I'm seeing similar reports on Google Play, a very large percentage from people with the same device as myself, but others as well (including Nexus 7)

It seems okay on my Moto G (Kit Kat).

If it is not too late, and you are using the Kindle app, you may want to turn off automatic update until it's resolved.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
dshields
dshields began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101
Rollback to 4.13

There is a way to rollback the update. Install Kindle from the Amazon app store which still has version 4.13
1. Uninstall 4.14 from your device.
2. Reboot your device.
3. Install Amazon Appstore for Android on your device. It is found on http://amazon.com. Follow the instructions to run the install.
4. Open the Amazon Appstore on your device and search for the Kindle app. Verify that it is still version 4.13.
5. Download and install the Kindle app. Continue the setup process to connect to your account after you open the app.

I was able to rollback to the previous version and now my Asus tablet is working again. I'd recommend doing this sooner than later as I don't know how long the older version will be there.

Good Luck
dshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshields View Post
There is a way to rollback the update. Install Kindle from the Amazon app store which still has version 4.13
1. Uninstall 4.14 from your device.
2. Reboot your device.
3. Install Amazon Appstore for Android on your device. It is found on http://amazon.com. Follow the instructions to run the install.
4. Open the Amazon Appstore on your device and search for the Kindle app. Verify that it is still version 4.13.
5. Download and install the Kindle app. Continue the setup process to connect to your account after you open the app.

I was able to rollback to the previous version and now my Asus tablet is working again. I'd recommend doing this sooner than later as I don't know how long the older version will be there.

Good Luck
I don't use the app enough to bother, at least not yet. I expect there will be another update on Google Play very soon. This isn't the first time they have messed up one device or another with an update. But once it is 'good' I will be making a backup that I can restore from if need be.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-03-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Okay, 4.15.0.48 is out, and it works on my Xoom again.